would u still buy Canon 400d ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kultchris

Jan 28, 2004
well .. asking this on behalf of my fren . As mentioned earlier in some other thread , he sort of regretted getting his 400d just a few days ago as another of my fren told him tat 450d would be out soon , packed with much more features and probably at the same price . Companied him to get the 400d plus 18-55is lens ( this lens is recommended by me after reading much abt it on this forum ) . He paid a total of $1320 for the stuffs . Now i felt quite guilty about it as i didnt know tat 450d is coming out soon and i didnt tell him . SO just wondering .. Now tat u guys know tat 450d is coming out soon , will u still buy 400d ?

Like most photographers will say, is your friend looking to become a camera techie or really want to get good pictures. Since he has bought the camera, just concentrate on getting good pictures. The difference between an earlier gen to a new gen is not that much of a difference that the price justifies. It's always the person behind the viewfinder rather than the gear that the viewfinder is build upon that produces good pictures.

I know that feeling and I hate it! However,

If you need it, buy it.
If you just want the newest, go for PnS.

hmmm .. that i not sure .. Just tat i think he feels since he paid $1320 for his 400d 18-55IS combi .. and den 450d come out with the same lens at a similar price .. and with a live view .. it would have been a better buy ..

450D when? So?
Wait and Wait?
I rather spend more time shootin and practising.

1320 for 400D + 18-55IS is already a good buy.
The time i got my 400D + 18-55(Non IS) it's around the same price.
So why worry? Enjoy the camera...

I can understand. But how long you want to wait? the earlier you buy, the earlier you can start shooting and practising. the moment 450D comes out, you will be an expert liao rather than wait for it to come out and buy and still an amatuer. There is always another newer camera and you can wait for it while shooting. But time cannot wait for you and your photograhy.

I just started enjoying DSLR last march with a 350D.

So far I've been getting great comments from my frens when I started purchasing better glasses. I really think your fren shouldn't think too much about the 450D. 400D is a great cam but like any good cams, it needs good lens, man.
:sticktong
Anyways, where got style shooting a DSLR with live view.

Thanks guys .. at least now i dun feel so bad for not informing him tat 450d might be out soon .. cos i myself didnt noe till i read some thread in this forum last night .

The fact is that he's bought the camera already. Advice him to spend the next few months shooting with you to explore on what he will eventually like to shoot more often.

I'm still learning, and I can safely say it's just a tool to sharpen your skills, and not something that makes your skills improve ten fold if you have the latest feature.

Stop thinking just shoot + practice practice n practice.
Get other more useful equipments like Flash, Tripod and dry cabi...
I will want a better lens rather than body upgrade unless im upgrading to FF body.

I will want a better lens rather than body upgrade unless im upgrading to FF body.

second this

The 400D is a fine camera, and that price is not too bad. I suspect that the new 450D will cost more than that, at least for the first few months after it is released. Unless you have some idea of what you'll get in return for the wait and the extra money, I wouldn't worry about it. The 400D is enough of a camera to satisfy the needs of most amateurs.

true...
:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cant agree any beta. juz started and found out lens is actually more impt than the body. as in comparing like 350 400 or 450. dun compare with the nex beta series la.

the person behind the camera is juz as impt =]

400d is one of my most used digital camera, for leisure. I love the handling and size and weight of this alot! :heart:

.... for me, I will not buy a 400D now lah unless I REALLY need it like I am going on a trip tmr. Else I will wait for the PMA which in 2 weeks time. Or the very least, wait one week as I think canon is announcing their PMA lineup on 24th or somewhere there.

now is really not a good time to buy a new DSLR as the major product announcement is only in one weeks time. Why not wait one week? One week later the 400D will still be there...

.... for me, I will not buy a 400D now lah unless I REALLY need it like I am going on a trip tmr. Else I will wait for the PMA which in 2 weeks time. Or the very least, wait one week as I think canon is announcing their PMA lineup on 24th or somewhere there.

now is really not a good time to buy a new DSLR as the major product announcement is only in one weeks time. Why not wait one week? One week later the 400D will still be there...

tats the main reason why my fren is regretting . Not exactly cos he wans the latest technology but just tat he tot if he could get smth better at the same price or a slightly higher price it would have been better . Its like a fact tat 450d will definately be better kind of thing . Anyway it really seems like a pretty wrong timing to get the 400d now as the PMA is just 2 weeks away . However , I still think tat 400d is a gd cam . My fren abit not happy i never tell him abt 450d .

oh no. I'm buying the 400D like tmr. does it mean i should wait?
What i was thinkin is that even if 450D come out, it'll be more exp rite? Or should i wait cuz 400D price will drop. I was given $1190 for the 400D and the normal kit lens (18-55mm, non IS). should i wait?

ps: hope u dun mind me crashing your thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.