Worth buying EOS 1D ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Just to get opinon.
Worth buying EOS 1D body only (2nd hand) for $800 ?

Thanks

You're not confusing a 1D with a 1N are you? Thought you might be referring to Sayjen's 1N for sale at $800.

Terence said:
You're not confusing a 1D with a 1N are you? Thought you might be referring to Sayjen's 1N for sale at $800.

Nope ... before i post this, i thought so .... but confirm it is a EOS 1D ......
so any opinion ?

chew said:
Hi,
Just to get opinon.
Worth buying EOS 1D (2nd hand) for $800 ?

Thanks

$800 OMG :bigeyes:

How about u got it and I pay $1300 to buy from u ? :D

Revo said:
if its in good working condition...there shld be any reason for u to hesitate imho

Now's ... the headache ... how to know if its in good condition, unless intensive test shots ? :dunno:

chew said:
Nope ... before i post this, i thought so .... but confirm it is a EOS 1D ......
so any opinion ?

1D?? If it is in good condition, you'd better grab it quick bro, before somebody else finds out! And oh, if you dun like it you can sell to me ;)

Make sure it isn't stolen. S$800 is stupid, silly money for a 1D. And if it's eBay or something...

hope its not some online scam though. but that said, i'll pay you up to 2k for it if u wanna sell it.

Jed said:
Make sure it isn't stolen. S$800 is stupid, silly money for a 1D. And if it's eBay or something...

Thks ... how to ensure its not stolen ? Got place to check ? :think:
Go to police station, canon marketing or where to check record ? :think:

szekiat said:
hope its not some online scam though. but that said, i'll pay you up to 2k for it if u wanna sell it.

Hmmm ... maybe its a online scam, maybe not .... let's see ....
Btw ... though EOS-1D is old (lanuched in 2001 ) ?

chew said:
Hmmm ... maybe its a online scam, maybe not .... let's see ....
Btw ... though EOS-1D is old (lanuched in 2001 ) ?

A used 1D goes for around $4500 to $5000, depending on who sell them. So if someone offer you a unit for $800, I think its a no brainer. Go figure.

Threads merged and moved to Consumer Corner/Services. Pls post in the correct sub-forum and kindly refrain from multiple postings of the same topic. Thanks.

The Moderator
Marketplace

A few months back, I came across an ad on Yahoo Auction by a woman offering to sell a 1D for $2000. ;p When I checked further, I found that she had closed at least 2 other similar auctions worded the same way also for the 1D.

I checked with one of the successful bidder to see if she actually followed through with the deal and found out that she had insisted that the money to be first wired to her somewhere in Europe (though she is supposedly based in Singapore according to her ad :think: ) before she would send the camera. Now if that's not a scam, I don't know what is. So, if the deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.