World Cosplay Summit Singapore Selection Rounds

postal

Hi guys... took some photos at the event... Any comments are appreciated. :)

Cosplay-01.jpg

Cosplay-02.jpg

Cosplay-03.jpg

Cosplay-04.jpg

who's that girl on pic 13 & 17?

Composition is alright but the shoots are all kind of soft to me.

photos do look soft
the first few WB a bit too warm

Composition is alright but the shoots are all kind of soft to me.

photos do look soft
the first few WB a bit too warm

Thanks for your comments... BTW, do u guys think it is my technique problem or is it the lens problem? My f-stop for most of the photos is f/2.8. My focus point is the center one and then I aim the eyes. After that I shift to get a better composition... I using 50mm f/1.8 BTW...

Thanks for your comments... BTW, do u guys think it is my technique problem or is it the lens problem? My f-stop for most of the photos is f/2.8. My focus point is the center one and then I aim the eyes. After that I shift to get a better composition... I using 50mm f/1.8 BTW...

well. i had some problems with the 50mm 1.8. was giving me soft images so i sent to canon service center for recalibration. u might wanna do so too. i usually shoot at f2.8 with tat lens as wide open usually isnt the best.

okok... think I can consider upgrading my 50mm... wahaha! I am considering between tamron 28-75 f2.8 or sigma 50 f1.4.. which one will be a better choice for me as I want to use it for portrait shots?

At 50mm F2.8, the DOF is very thin. So when you focus-lock (using center focus point) on the eyes and then recompose, the focus will not that sharp.

At 50mm F2.8, the DOF is very thin. So when you focus-lock (using center focus point) on the eyes and then recompose, the focus will not that sharp.

really meh? very thin? haha... i dunno... i feel its just fine for me...

@TS: Might i know roughly the shutter speed u were mainly shooting at?

photos dun seem to be soft, it appears to be OOF instead. might need to send ur lens for checking.

really meh? very thin? haha... i dunno... i feel its just fine for me...

@TS: Might i know roughly the shutter speed u were mainly shooting at?

Most of them are 1/100 s... Hand shake shouldn't be a prob...

photos dun seem to be soft, it appears to be OOF instead. might need to send ur lens for checking.

Yeah I agree with ya... I try to run a few test with my lens first... BTW, my lens don't have warranty le... Any cost involved if I wanna calibrate it?

Most of them are 1/100 s... Hand shake shouldn't be a prob...

Yeah I agree with ya... I try to run a few test with my lens first... BTW, my lens don't have warranty le... Any cost involved if I wanna calibrate it?

not really... depends on how shakey your hands are...

You should be using a wider lens for such events, show their full body costumes.

Which character is #13?