Workaround to use NV5/NC3 concurrently with NV6/NC4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Nikon's software doesn't allow multiple versions to be installed in the same computer. I prefer using NV5/NC3 when processing my D100 photos but intend to upgrade to NV6/NC4 for my D200 photos.

THe problem is, NV6/NC4 to me doesn't work as well for my D100 (actually I prefer NV5 over NV6 as NV6 is so much slower than NV5).

Is there a workaround that I can use to install both versions and use them concurrently? One way I thought was to use Windows XP user accounts - one account for NV5/NC3 and another for NV6/NC4 - problem is, I'm not sure how this works....

Any help would be appreciated.

you can do that just to add another user.

I had actually tried originally, but the NV5/NC3 also showed up in the new user's account (perhaps because I installed NV5/NC3 BEFORE i created the account...)

Is there anything I should do? Is this the correct way?

1. Uninstall NV5/NC3
2. Create new account
3. Login to old account, install NV6/NC4
4. Logout
5. Login to new account, NV6/NC4 should not be there, proceed to install NV5/NC3.
6. Done?

erizai said:
you can do that just to add another user.

I dun think by juz adding another account u r able to install 2 software of different version. Cos they will share the same programs directory... u can only allow different user to have rights to use the program or vice visa..

u can try installing the 2 programs in different location. That may or may not work. I am not sure, juz giving a suggestion.

Another way to have work version running concurrently... Install Virtual PC, this one confirm can work

Status
Not open for further replies.