Woodlands Has Wonderful Sky

Um.....do night sky count?
I missed the sunset....so took some night photos.....
p3032453a.jpg

p3032452.jpg

p3032450.jpg

p3032447.jpg

p3032446.jpg

p3032443.jpg

p3032441.jpg

p3032467.jpg

Looks like they still have some work to do at the waterfront.....
p3032466.jpg

Hey Hydroburn249,

Indeed its EPL2. Is this a characteristic of all EPL2s? Due to lens effect or the sensor? I am still looking for some cool lenses for my EPL2 leh. Heard that Carl Zeiss is entering the m4/3 format soon, but guess it'll be a long wait before they launch anything.

Woodlands has some pretty cool places to shoot. The admiralty park is just behind the waterfront. My wife's friend got some excellent macros of the insects from there.

All woodlanders should share their "secret" shooting places...:bsmilie:

mmm.. I should say the pictures need much improvement. Imaging you are presenting these photo to show how great the place (Woodlands) is, the objective is to impress people with photo so that they would consider visit Woodlands. The photo need not to be sunset photo, as long as it can show the beauty of Woodlands. :)

Hi SilverPine,

How to do decent PP to make my images get more bang?
Still trying to figure out how.....
Photoshop has too many sliders and graphs and stuff. Often I can only brightness and contrast to my photos. That dosent seem very er....professional...lol:bsmilie:
Any tips?

Hi SilverPine,

How to do decent PP to make my images get more bang?
Still trying to figure out how.....
Photoshop has too many sliders and graphs and stuff. Often I can only brightness and contrast to my photos. That dosent seem very er....professional...lol:bsmilie:
Any tips?

The most important element for photographic is the "Lighting", with good lighting will make your photo stand out. The Lighting may not just come from the sun, at night the man make light also. The purpose of the light source is to help to light up the subject and give you a correct mood. PP will be the last option just to make some fine tuning to the photo to correct te WB, contrast and etc.

The first few photo of your are toward yellow side due the the source of the light, pp will correct the WB. A photo with good lighting, color, contrast with interesting subject/object will catch people's eye. Try to shoot more photo in the day time and try to understand and control your camera to produce the image that you want. :)

Last edited:

Another view of Woodlands from J.B.

IMG_1287p.jpg

Ok, did some PP as suggested by SilverPine......
Adjusted some brightness/contrast/color balance......
Thanks for the great tip!!!!

p3032441pp.jpg

p3032453pp.jpg

Ok, did some PP as suggested by SilverPine......
Adjusted some brightness/contrast/color balance......
Thanks for the great tip!!!!

usncep6922, you learn very fast, the speed you are progressing by next month I will be learning from you. :)

To capture J.B. skyline Woodlands Waterfront is one of the good location for day and sunset photo but not for night photographic. Try other location like Marina Bay area is a good spot for night photographic.

Happy shooting. :)

Woodlands everday sunset view from HDB block.

IMG_9265p.jpg

usncep6922, you learn very fast, the speed you are progressing by next month I will be learning from you. :)

To capture J.B. skyline Woodlands Waterfront is one of the good location for day and sunset photo but not for night photographic. Try other location like Marina Bay area is a good spot for night photographic.

Happy shooting. :)

Thanks SilverPine, I owe it largely to you. All my shots are uploaded with no PP. Except for some underwater shots which I applied some PP to clean up the water murkiness.

Btw, I'd like to ask how come the 16:9 landscape water reflection do not line up with the building lights? Is it lens distortion? That shot taken at 14mm, f8 for 10 secs, iso 200. Do all wide angles have this characteristic?

p3032453pp.jpg

Much to learn from you still..............

Thanks SilverPine, I owe it largely to you. All my shots are uploaded with no PP. Except for some underwater shots which I applied some PP to clean up the water murkiness.

Btw, I'd like to ask how come the 16:9 landscape water reflection do not line up with the building lights? Is it lens distortion? That shot taken at 14mm, f8 for 10 secs, iso 200. Do all wide angles have this characteristic?

Much to learn from you still..............

Regarding the water reflection do not line up with the building, it happen to my EF20-35mm lens and also happen to other CSer photo, I am not too sure the reason behind, lens distortation or/and sea current flow?

Regarding the water reflection do not line up with the building, it happen to my EF20-35mm lens and also happen to other CSer photo, I am not too sure the reason behind, lens distortation or/and sea current flow?

I am suspecting that as the wider the lens go, some kinda fish-eye effect will happen. Such distortion occur at the lens' edges. I reckon that PP is the way to eleiminate them, like some kinda reverse-fish-eye formula to be applied to the focal length for the photo taken.
Any input on super wide angle lens suffering from slight fish eye effect from other CSers?

I am suspecting that as the wider the lens go, some kinda fish-eye effect will happen. Such distortion occur at the lens' edges. I reckon that PP is the way to eleiminate them, like some kinda reverse-fish-eye formula to be applied to the focal length for the photo taken.
Any input on super wide angle lens suffering from slight fish eye effect from other CSers?

Regarding the water reflection do not line up with the building, it was due to the current of the ocean wave direction which result in reflection at different location. :)

Calm Before the Storm

IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4478p.jpg

Picture taken on 02 November 2011 at Woodlands Spectrum.

p3032453a.jpg

p3032452.jpg

p3032450.jpg

p3032447.jpg

p3032446.jpg

Hi, I do not think it is cool to post your shots in other's thread, kind of rude, start one of your own.