<wonglp> Travelscapes with Olympus cameras over the years

Ah.... nice work Oly user.

Reactions: wonglp
2018 - Good Morning Seoul

Olympus EM1 Mark II + Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro.

2018 - Busan morning.

Olympus EM1.2+ Olympus 7-14mm F2.8
H&Y holder and adapter, ND10stops and 3 stops soft grad

Reactions: swifty
London, 2015
Olympus EM10 + 75mm F1.8

Olympus EM10 + 7-14mm F2.8 Pro

Busan, Korea, 2018
EM1.2 + 7-14, H&Y Magnetic Filter System, 6 stops NDCPL, 3 stops soft grad ND.

Reactions: swifty
JeonJu, Korea - City of Gastronomy. 2018
EM1.2 + 12-100mm F4

2018 - Busan morning.

Olympus EM1.2+ Olympus 7-14mm F2.8
H&Y holder and adapter, ND10stops and 3 stops soft grad

This is awesome! Are the H&Y filters easy to use with the 7-14? Been trying to look for a good filter system for the lens.

Marcus

This is awesome! Are the H&Y filters easy to use with the 7-14? Been trying to look for a good filter system for the lens.

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Thanks! H&Y filter system uses 100mm filters, with magnetic frames as below picture shows. There's a special adapter for the Olympus 7-14mm lens which will allow it to be used on H&Y K series 100mm holder. With this lens, you can't use the drop in (95mm round) circular filters as the lens hood blocks that. So it will just be the magnetic framed filters. If you already have 100mm filters (ND or grad ND), you just need to get the magnetic frames and it will fit most brands (Lee, Hitech, Nisi, Haida etc), if you don't H&Y has filters too.

At this stage the picture below is Mark 2 version of the adaptor, while in Busan, I was testing Mark 1. Both aren't perfect yet, so I will be working on mark 3. But Mark 2 already allows 7mm to use 2 filters without vignette, if you rotate, you can a bit from about 15degrees onwards. I believe this would be the most convenient system for deployment. Certain considerations when creating this solution are:
1. front fitting, no need to remove lens to mount the adaptor.
2. inner protection, there's foam protection to prevent scratching
3. no light leak
4. use on K series holder, no need to reinvest a dedicated holder (more expensive and less portable)
5. no vignetting with 2 x 100m filters, 3 would be perfect
6. lightweight.

Hope this helps
You can follow H&Y singapore instagram which was just created couple of days ago or PM me if you need to know more.
https://www.instagram.com/hny.sg/
IMG_20181208_091047.jpg

Hi Marcus,

Thanks! H&Y filter system uses 100mm filters, with magnetic frames as below picture shows. There's a special adapter for the Olympus 7-14mm lens which will allow it to be used on H&Y K series 100mm holder. With this lens, you can't use the drop in (95mm round) circular filters as the lens hood blocks that. So it will just be the magnetic framed filters. If you already have 100mm filters (ND or grad ND), you just need to get the magnetic frames and it will fit most brands (Lee, Hitech, Nisi, Haida etc), if you don't H&Y has filters too.

At this stage the picture below is Mark 2 version of the adaptor, while in Busan, I was testing Mark 1. Both aren't perfect yet, so I will be working on mark 3. But Mark 2 already allows 7mm to use 2 filters without vignette, if you rotate, you can a bit from about 15degrees onwards. I believe this would be the most convenient system for deployment. Certain considerations when creating this solution are:
1. front fitting, no need to remove lens to mount the adaptor.
2. inner protection, there's foam protection to prevent scratching
3. no light leak
4. use on K series holder, no need to reinvest a dedicated holder (more expensive and less portable)
5. no vignetting with 2 x 100m filters, 3 would be perfect
6. lightweight.

Hope this helps
You can follow H&Y singapore instagram which was just created couple of days ago or PM me if you need to know more.
https://www.instagram.com/hny.sg/
View attachment 39954
Cool, thanks so much for the explanation :)

Marcus

Reactions: wonglp
2018 - Busan, Rising Sun.

Olympus Pen F + 75-300mm II

2018 - Busan, BusanDaeGyo overlooking Yeong Do Island.
Olympus EM1.2 + Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro

Reactions: anter
2016 - Taiwan, Love Bridge Gao Hsiung.
Olympus EM1.2 + Olympus 12-100mm F4. Haida 10+6 stops ND filter.