Wondering the importants of EL

Status
Not open for further replies.

scifreaker

Jan 25, 2005
JURONG,singapore
I & my classmates have recently received the 'o's result.Some of them got a D7 for el but still qualify for polys, they questioned me if they should retake EL & scored a pass for it, how you all think.. :dunno:
ASK them to retake or not to retake??

most 'lower' end courses by polys require minimum D7 english, some minimum C6, but if you wish to take maybe a Degree course later, you might wanna consider taking it again, and get a better score.

it doesn't cost much to take the exam, neither does it prove to be a necessity now. but if when you need it & then you are going to take the test again, u will know the difficulties... esp few years without practise...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
most 'lower' end courses by polys require minimum D7 english, some minimum C6, but if you wish to take maybe a Degree course later, you might wanna consider taking it again, and get a better score.

it doesn't cost much to take the exam, neither does it prove to be a necessity now. but if when you need it & then you are going to take the test again, u will know the difficulties... esp few years without practise...
Few years without practising English?

I think likelihood of it is super low. :D

To be pragmatic, Without practise and retake the subject next year, the chances of passing are very slim.

My personal experience: I failed my chinese during 'o' levels. I tried to retake the subject the following year during my poly years. With no practise at all, (be it lazy or no time) not surprising, I failed again.

So you have to think carefully about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.