Witness to a robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
yup... maybe go ask the robbers if they could lend their parangs to him... :bsmilie:

i wonder if they got no car... would they go rob another car, or would they just sit there as sitting ducks...

sit? they will try to run away asap. possibly rob another car as well. but how fast can they do it?

Benign said:
Ya rite, in my vest with D70 and 80-200mm. I will blind them with my SB-800 too.

Just finished interviewed by the police. Asked me did I see the number plate? How to see? Everything happened so fast....I was holding the door...next min, the car shoot off faster than any existing shutter :confused:

My cousin bro just came back, he also saw an attempt to snatch an ang moh lady's handbag last Saturday near Hotel Shangrila. The lady put up a fight and got her handbag back :dunno: Now I wonder should I shouldn't walk around KL anymore. Maybe I should bobby-trapped my camera bag
I have a friend who was visiting someones house in Jakarta about 8-9 years ago, when she got out of the car, a robber with a parang tried to snatch her shoulder bag away from behind her. In a reflex she grabbed back the bag, and the robber used the parang to try to cut away her whole arm!! But fortunately, he didn't managed that, but he did cut here along her leg too, and she lay bleeding on the road........they sped off on motorbikes and it was night.

Later on, here sister who got out of the car much earlier, managed to get her into a hospital on time and she was succesfully operated. Her nerves were reconnected and with a months long fysiotherapy she was back to almost normal. Her 6 year old daughter was there too when it all happened, it was so sad! Luckily, the doctors in Jakarta were very good, and did a very good job! This doctor told her that the week before, another lady had cut off her whole hand for a bangle!! This all happened after the 1998 debacle in Indonesia, now jakarta is much safer, but you must always be aware where you drive, not all areas in JKT is safe.......these people are usually part of bigger gangs.

When she went back to Holland, the docters said she was very very lucky to have had a good operation, or else she would had a much smaller chance of using her arms.

Please, if you have robbers with a parang or guns, please do NOT fight back!!! There are reasons why they carry parangs! It is not just for show!

On another note:
I must say that the security in Hotels and shopping centers in JKT are doing their best though to stop other crimes like those bombers.....you need to let them check your bags and cars everytime you enter a shopping mall or hotel, which i don't see happening here in SIN city, despite having caught several bombers here.

Also, the police in Indonesia are quite good in tracking robbers as long as you can help them in getting the number plates.

Hong Sien

Sion said:
With the right amount of "grease", they may outperform your estimation of their ability. :bsmilie:
My 5-star condo in KL town ..... the prices came down not so much of the economy but because my agent said there is a break-in once every other week! What the fack! Lost big time, but finally able to sell it away ..... :cry:
Our JB factory was broken in about 3 times in 5 years! even time clock-in machine they also take!!!!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
got... u try towner 1... that 1 close at 9pm i think...

anyway, when ppl get robs, normally is to "kio sai" things already, its seldom u get real time action... unlike those u see on papers and news... its sad, but true...

NPPs (Neighourhood Police Post) are closed at night. Only Police Stations and Neighbourhood Police Centres (NPCs) are open 24 hours

my terrace house in JB still not sold. :cry: lost big time too. Break in when I 1st moved in and whole house was empited including my alarm clock. My beloved camera was also gone. My mom got robbed and kicked right in front of our gate. Even when I moved out, there was an almost breakin, the alarm scared them away. Now my back door is permanant secured with a few dozens nails and 3 pad locks. I'm going to hack the whole door away if I want to sell or rent the house.

Security problems was caused by big M administration and not pak lah. pak lah got to clear the sh*t.

Pushing for so much economic development without thinking about the social problems caused by all the number of foreign workers entering legally or illegally.

Back in 97 when I was working on the KLIA, the whole worksite was full of foreign workers. Talking about raiding the site to weed out illegals? was BIG talk only, small action. Why? Cos when police raid, the whole works on site stops. Then project delays and wont look good on M admin. so always big talk small action.
Also where we stayed, we could always see bus loads and loads foreign workers going to the factories. Should have just shifted the factory or go high tech.

with the economic slowdown, they have to find food/money for themselves so no choice have to resort to crime. wont be surprise to find it is mostly commited by them.

22years in power brought along lots of power abuse.

U did the right thing, mostly they will be more afraid you than coming back.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

canoni5 said:
fyi...
divisional police stations operate 24 hrs
neighbourhood police posts operate frm 12noon to 10/10.30pm

cheers! no crime committed between 10.01/10.31pm till 11.59am

Toa Payoh North got 1 NPP near News Centre tt close at 10.30pm. no business so close shop? :bsmilie:

Benign said:
Dunno how to start liao.......

I was smoking less than an hour ago in front of my aunt's frontyard. Suddenly saw a dark blue Proton Wira driven by three guys. Most likely Malays/Indons.

Suddenly two of them walk out with metal objects(later confirmed by the victims as parangs):sweat: , heading toward to a terrace house located two terraces away. I saw some struggle.....I shouted. And the two men ran back to the car with a bag.

I looked around for something...ended up with two empty flowerpots. Open the gate and chased. It was no time for any actions except throwing at the car with the flowerpots. It smashed the left rear passenger door and maybe slight damage to the window as well. The front passenger door was still opened. I grabbed hold of it. But the driver sped off. :(

The whole incident happened in less than two mins....now it seemed like a lifetime to me. After calming down, I worried for my aunt family. :cry: Coz another two or three more weeks at best. I will be flying back to Melbourne.

These men were quite well built.....and their actions were swift.

I am abit regret now....coz my aunt's family will still be living here. Should I help? I guessed what done is done.

Life SUX :thumbsd:

Personal opinion. What you did is quite dangerous. The best solution, if possible, is to snap a photo (preferably with face or license plate) and run away, since you confirmed they have some metal objects.

Benign said:
Dunno how to start liao.......

I was smoking less than an hour ago in front of my aunt's frontyard. Suddenly saw a dark blue Proton Wira driven by three guys. Most likely Malays/Indons.

Suddenly two of them walk out with metal objects(later confirmed by the victims as parangs):sweat: , heading toward to a terrace house located two terraces away. I saw some struggle.....I shouted. And the two men ran back to the car with a bag.

I looked around for something...ended up with two empty flowerpots. Open the gate and chased. It was no time for any actions except throwing at the car with the flowerpots. It smashed the left rear passenger door and maybe slight damage to the window as well. The front passenger door was still opened. I grabbed hold of it. But the driver sped off. :(

The whole incident happened in less than two mins....now it seemed like a lifetime to me. After calming down, I worried for my aunt family. :cry: Coz another two or three more weeks at best. I will be flying back to Melbourne.

These men were quite well built.....and their actions were swift.

I am abit regret now....coz my aunt's family will still be living here. Should I help? I guessed what done is done.

Life SUX :thumbsd:

alone and armed with 2 flowerpots u r chasing 3 well-built and swift-action guys with parangs that appeared to be robbers... and they're trying to escape from you while you've damage their car... i clap clap salute....

Wow, thanks for the comments everyone.

I went to Penang for a short break as planned. I just don't want something like that to affect my life.
Dunno why I did what I did. Asked myself a dozen times, would I have done the same if it happen again in the future? My answer is YES.
If we stop caring or helping others, things can only go from bad to worst. Next time around, it could happen to any of your family member too.
I agreed with some of you who said I was foolish. Flowerpots against parangs *scratched head*. The only answer I can come up with ........ I do have a low IQ of only 92

In my eyes, the crime rate in Malaysia is really SHIX BIG TIME. Does the fault lie only with the leader? I don't think so.......ROME WASN"T BUILT IN A DAY!
AND
Everyone is the cause for its decay. Since coming back to stay in KL for three months, I saw many things ain't right.......nobody has the decency to queue up, rubbish is everywhere, everyone is in a hurry to steal a parking lot from someone else who waited much earlier. And feeling proud afterward. The list just grows......... I don't know what went wronged in their upbringings. But I do know things just don't go wonky overnight.

One positive thing did come out after the incident, I saw many neighbours came with sticks and knives to help. Certainly this country still has many good hearts left.
Think I will hold on to my passport for now.

Benign said:

I went to Penang for a short break as planned. I just don't want something like that to affect my life.
Dunno why I did what I did. Asked myself a dozen times, would I have done the same if it happen again in the future? My answer is YES.
If we stop caring or helping others, things can only go from bad to worst. Next time around, it could happen to any of your family member too.
I agreed with some of you who said I was foolish. Flowerpots against parangs *scratched head*. The only answer I can come up with ........ I do have a low IQ of only 92

In my eyes, the crime rate in Malaysia is really SHIX BIG TIME. Does the fault lie only with the leader? I don't think so.......ROME WASN"T BUILT IN A DAY!
AND
Everyone is the cause for its decay. Since coming back to stay in KL for three months, I saw many things ain't right.......nobody has the decency to queue up, rubbish is everywhere, everyone is in a hurry to steal a parking lot from someone else who waited much earlier. And feeling proud afterward. The list just grows......... I don't know what went wronged in their upbringings. But I do know things just don't go wonky overnight.

One positive thing did come out after the incident, I saw many neighbours came with sticks and knives to help. Certainly this country still has many good hearts left.

:angel:

Benign said:

AND

I am glad you will hold on to it as I will hold on to mine too.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.