(Witness Needed) Car Accident at Tanah Merah MRT towards Bedok on 18 Oct 2014 11:28am

GeneralApex

Nov 15, 2010
Dear all,
I am looking for witness,

Honda Civic (FD2) Black, Car Plate no. SJA6075X

An accident occur at (New Upper Changi Road) Tanah Merah MRT towards Bedok at 11.28am (18 October 2014) Saturday. The accident is a deliberate act on a Guy driving a Honda Civic (Black), accused a Nissan Sunny (Silver) hit his car.

A summary on how it happen: I was driving my father Car (Nissan Sunny) and from Lane 2 i signal to change lane to lane 1 and a Honda Civi drive at a very high speed tailgate me very close where my rear view mirror can only see his car hood.

My car speed is around 30KM/H - 40KM/H as it coming to a traffic light to make a U-Turn. But the Car behind that are tailgating make a harsh Turn to the left which is Lane 2 and speed up and then overtake and cut in my lane 1, but the driver jam brake at the point where the car is not in lane 1 yet and purposely make me hit his car.
He didn't stop and yet move his car to a complete stop at lane 1 instead and making it the scene like i hit him from behind. The driver came out his car very angry and came to my car and pull my handle and knock my windscreen.

I open my door once he seems abit cool down. When I out of my car he shouted at me (How you drive?! You Just now Cut my Lane right?? Ahh now you Bang me!) He asked me (How you want to settle?!!!), he force me to sign on a statement saying i will bear the charges of the damage of his car which is some scratches and no dent.
But i did not, as i find it unreasonable and he purposely cause the accident with reckless driving. He say he have video and i told him ok, let's call the TP which he doesn't and asked me to sign on the paper he wrote.

Not long later, a GUY approached to my car rear and took a pics of it and the Honda Driver raised his voice at him (Sir, what you doing?!), the GUY told me, Report to Police and he went back to his car and rush off and i don't have time to get his contact but only saw his car plate number is 3354 (A Honda CRV or similar model). So after the GUY left, that Honda driver asked me to sign again and i refused and say that i will lodge a report to Police then he say (Ok, fine) and he left.

Any Witness that saw this accident, please contact me 91284858 (Alex). Need Justice against this reckless driver (Road Bully) with deliberate act to people and road user. ;(

The rule is very simple. Any car which is behind another car in an accident is always liable for damage claims unless you have sufficient evidence to present the case to the police / insurance company that the front car deliberately commit an accident. Do you have any video / eye witness who has the taken any video (e.g. his car has installed a video recording device and his position captured how did the accident occur).

Without any form of evidence, it is your words against his words. Most of the time, you will lose the case if you are the behind car. Even if you go to Court, your chance of winning is also very slim.

The rule is very simple. Any car which is behind another car in an accident is always liable for damage claims unless you have sufficient evidence to present the case to the police / insurance company that the front car deliberately commit an accident. Do you have any video / eye witness who has the taken any video (e.g. his car has installed a video recording device and his position captured how did the accident occur).

Without any form of evidence, it is your words against his words. Most of the time, you will lose the case if you are the behind car. Even if you go to Court, your chance of winning is also very slim.

My father no camera installed, and i went to the accident scene yesterday 20 October 2014, i found camera at the MRT exit area which was use to capture road condition, and also lucky to have one camera exactly at the spot where accident happen.

I have write in to LTA and making a police report update, soon i will go to MP and ask for assistance and letter for LTA and TP.

Hope you can help share this case, if your friend or relative happened to be at that area that day that timing.

Thanks for your reply as well

don't worry,
i think that guy knew what is he doing....probbably he might not go for police case.
he just want to get some scrapgoat to repair his car.. maybe his car has some other problem which will cost him a bomb to repair...
the behind guy saved you, probably the bang driver never expect to pop out a busy-body and spoit his plan...
anyway make police report is still good ...
i also hate those reckless driver which force me greet their parents...

Cannot stress enough that a car recording device is a necessity nowadays. Try to handle the case as well as you can. And get a car recorder immediately.

Don't be scared of this driver

He says he got video recording.

That very same recording will also show he tail gate you and cut you abruptly.

If that video recorder has GPS, it will also show the speed he travelling.

So why worry?

Tell him to show to police lor.

He just looking for some naive driver to pay for his car repair.

On a side note, get your own video recorder. It will save you alot of headaches

Don't be scared of this driver

He says he got video recording.

That very same recording will also show he tail gate you and cut you abruptly.

If that video recorder has GPS, it will also show the speed he travelling.

So why worry?

Tell him to show to police lor.

He just looking for some naive driver to pay for his car repair.

On a side note, get your own video recorder. It will save you alot of headaches

Thanks, but my garage ppl that handling my case in insurance say very very low chance can win as the other party confirm will say either his memory card spoil or nv on camera or camera spoil. He know he in wrong, he won't show the video. But i hope LTA and TP can help release the video as i found alot camera at that area of accident, and lucky to have one directly at the spot where accident happen. But according to the insurance company, LTA and TP won't release the footage as there're no injury, but i have write in to LTA for help, hope they can help if not otherwise i will go to MP to ask for assistance and request a letter from them to LTA and TP.

Cannot stress enough that a car recording device is a necessity nowadays. Try to handle the case as well as you can. And get a car recorder immediately.

Thanks, i will get a camera asap for my father car, as my father still dun believe in me that is the other party in deliberate act... so no matter what, when i drive i use the camera and if my father dun want its his business

any recommend which one to get?

you can try qoo10, got one is local seller, u purchase in qoo10 and self collect at Sim Lim Tower. Price is reasonable

Thanks, but my garage ppl that handling my case in insurance say very very low chance can win as the other party confirm will say either his memory card spoil or nv on camera or camera spoil. He know he in wrong, he won't show the video. But i hope LTA and TP can help release the video as i found alot camera at that area of accident, and lucky to have one directly at the spot where accident happen. But according to the insurance company, LTA and TP won't release the footage as there're no injury, but i have write in to LTA for help, hope they can help if not otherwise i will go to MP to ask for assistance and request a letter from them to LTA and TP.

Thanks, i will get a camera asap for my father car, as my father still dun believe in me that is the other party in deliberate act... so no matter what, when i drive i use the camera and if my father dun want its his business

Anyway dont worry abt this.

I don't even think he will file a claim on you.

The fact that he just drove off after another driver came to take pic, shows that he's 'running' away.

He will continue to look for another carrot head.

Just to teach some street smart techniques in case anyone here faces similar situation with such idiotic driver is that, you felt u are injured and pain in neck or head and insist on calling police and ambulance.

Then u see what's his reaction to it. He sure panic coz that's the last thing he wanted to get police involved. Then u turn the table around and demand for medical compensation.

Anyway dont worry abt this.

I don't even think he will file a claim on you.

The fact that he just drove off after another driver came to take pic, shows that he's 'running' away.

He will continue to look for another carrot head.

Just to teach some street smart techniques in case anyone here faces similar situation with such idiotic driver is that, you felt u are injured and pain in neck or head and insist on calling police and ambulance.

Then u see what's his reaction to it. He sure panic coz that's the last thing he wanted to get police involved. Then u turn the table around and demand for medical compensation.

Thanks for your tips :)