Winter in Osaka / Tokyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
booked return airfare on SQ for tokyo for $650 on 14th Nov :) they having promotion now

650? Interesting. Is this for the a380? How much with tax?

Will be travelling to tokyo/osaka in nov with the wife, a 4 yr old boy and a 6 mth old girl. I know its crazy with the temp and all. :confused:

Any advice? Would like to visit the nature part of jp.

Our multi-city tix costs S$685 and $515 all in. SIN to Tokyo via A380. Osaka to Sin via B777. Travel around mid-December.

ANA is cheaper at between S$470 and $520, IIRC.

:Later,

Will be travelling to tokyo/osaka in nov with the wife, a 4 yr old boy and a 6 mth old girl. I know its crazy with the temp and all. :confused:

Sadly only sitting the a380 on the return flight, other than that departing in a boeing 747 :(, but for the price i paid, i guess i cant complain much, oh btw malaysian airlines offering fares @ around 400 with tax, and yes 650 is inclusive of tax

Sadly only sitting the a380 on the return flight, other than that departing in a boeing 747 :(, but for the price i paid, i guess i cant complain much, oh btw malaysian airlines offering fares @ around 400 with tax, and yes 650 is inclusive of tax

:) the 744 is a classic plane bro! to both pilot and fly. I feel that its a chance not to be missed to fly in these "antiques" before SQ retires them. Soon all will be a memory. :(

Yep, you shouldnt be complaining abt the price, its a steal! :)

btw, i'm looking at tokyo-osaka in december. Any nice place to visit?

Would like to see the natural side of japan, eg lakes, mounts, countryside, something different from cosmopolitan tokyo.

And my son is looking forward to a ride on the shinkansen. ;)

Guys, I have shortlisted the following hotels that fall within my S$200 and below per night criteria. I have checked out other hotels out there -- like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza -- and found that they do not accept 2 adults and 1 child in a double room (even if I am willing to pay extra for my kid).

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo
Economy Double - 1 Double Bed - 17 Sq.Meters
SGD 1102.51 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

Hotel Monterey Hanzomon Tokyo
Standard Double - 1 Double Bed
SGD 1,061.50 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

Shinjuku Washington Hotel Tokyo
Double Room - 1 Double Bed - 14 Sq.Meters
SGD 904.58 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

Hotel Rose Garden Shinjuku Tokyo
Double Room
SGD 1,208.26 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

Tokyo Ueno Touganeya Hotel
Double
USD $622.98 @ Expedia.com

The B Ikebukuro Hotel Tokyo
Deluxe Room - 1 Double Bed
SGD 926.92 @ HOTELCLUB.COM

What do I need? Well, I was thinking if you can give some feedbacks based on actual experience with the above -- if any. I think some of you may have actually considered the above in your previous or current hotel selection activity, so would like to hear how things turned out...

Pros and Cons, I'd love to hear, especially from those who've been to Japan before.

PS: I'm leaning towards Metropolitan Tokyo due to it being rated/reviewed nicely (top) in TripAdvisor.

Last edited:
Guys, I have shortlisted the following hotels that fall within my S$200 and below per night criteria. I have checked out other hotels out there -- like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza -- and found that they do not accept 2 adults and 1 child in a double room (even if I am willing to pay extra for my kid).

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo

Double Room

Double

What do I need? Well, I was thinking if you can give some feedbacks based on actual experience with the above -- if any. I think some of you may have actually considered the above in your previous or current hotel selection activity, so would like to hear how things turned out...

Pros and Cons, I'd love to hear, especially from those who've been to Japan before.

PS: I'm leaning towards Metropolitan Tokyo due to it being rated/reviewed nicely (top) in TripAdvisor.

Hi,

I will strongly recommend SunRoute as it is the closest to Shinjuku Station. Trust me. It takes you less than 3 mins to reach the station. Alternatively for other cheaper stay, Washington Hotel can be considered but this will require approx 15 mins or more of walking. This is not desirable when the weather is not favourable.

One thing to note, the size of the hotels in Tokyo is very small... :sweat: Too small for comfort, but anyway, most of the time you will be outdoors.

There are electronics stores near the vicinity where you can shop for goods such as watches, cameras, mobile and others. The place is brightly lit with neon lights and advertisments.

Last but not least, happy touring and shopping.... ;)

@MachIII.. thanks. I actually like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza but as I said, they won't take in 2 Adults & 1 Child in a Double Room. They'd advised me to take up 2 rooms instead, and that's kinda silly for me (not just cost wise).

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo

Double Room

Double

For how many nights? Well ive only been to tokyo once before on tour so ill be finding out more about myself when travelling with friends in November, so hopefully ill be able to relate my experience with you.

For how many nights? Well ive only been to tokyo once before on tour so ill be finding out more about myself when travelling with friends in November, so hopefully ill be able to relate my experience with you.
6 nights in Tokyo. Then 4 in Osaka (or perhaps Kyoto).

6 nights in Tokyo. Then 4 in Osaka (or perhaps Kyoto).

The rates looks pretty reasonable then, well for osaka, based on advice from friends you wouldnt need 4 nights, 2 3 days in osaka should be suffice including universal studios, maybe you could take a train down to the kansai region or yeah fukuoka in kyoto

The rates looks pretty reasonable then, well for osaka, based on advice from friends you wouldnt need 4 nights, 2 3 days in osaka should be suffice including universal studios, maybe you could take a train down to the kansai region or yeah fukuoka in kyoto
Thanks. Not really intending to spend all ~4 days in Osaka.

1 Day in Kyoto
1 Day in Nara
1 Day in Osaka (Universal Studios)
Half Day in Osaka Aquarium and a bit of Osaka exploration

If possible buy travel insurance before you go
Last Dec my 10yr old daughter caught a cold
on 2nd last day of the trip when see doctor at hospital
and its expensive
having travel insurance help
just my 2 cts

1 Day in Kyoto
1 Day in Nara

its of course to each his own when it comes to whats
nice to visit and what's not
to me , half day Kaiyukan is viable
but half day a bit of Osaka exploration simply not enuf
There's Dotomburi, America Miura, not to mention Umeda, Rinku Town etc..

But rest assured its a trip you wouldnt forget!
:)

@MachIII.. thanks. I actually like Sunroute Shinjuku Plaza but as I said, they won't take in 2 Adults & 1 Child in a Double Room. They'd advised me to take up 2 rooms instead, and that's kinda silly for me (not just cost wise).

Book the Queen Size Rooms. They allow 2 adult 1 child.
I just emailed them.

not true, harajuku is still rather messy as there are alot of cosplayers around

yea but which part do you prefer?

noboribetsu is my choice for hot spring and skiing

Well if you like cosplayers then it's ok... :)

I prefer Furano and Niseko... I would recommend the prince hotel. Ski in and ski out resort with decent enough food. Mountain is good for skiers and snowboarders alike.

You ski at noboribetsu in San-laiba ?

Book the Queen Size Rooms. They allow 2 adult 1 child.
I just emailed them.
Ey! You've just given me hope!

Thanks. I'll send them an email directly (not thru holidaycityjapan.com). Hopefully I get a positive reply from them. :)

1 Day in Kyoto
1 Day in Nara

Unless u are bringing your family with kids along or you do love the entertainment park, with 1.5 days I would rather explore the rest of the more photogenic areas of Osaka.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.