Wings Wide Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

Oct 29, 2004
North
Sharing some butterflies.
Tried to identify them through here. Please correct me if there's an error. :bsmilie:

DSC_1094.jpg

DSC_1080.jpg

DSC_1053.jpg

DSC_1062.jpg

Bingo! You got all the IDs correct! :cheers: Nice shots there...

For #3, was it just attacked by a bird or lizard? That's cos it has one of its hair pencil out (that's the thingy sticking out of its butt). It usually does that only when it's alarmed or attacked by a predator.

Papilio said:
Bingo! You got all the IDs correct! :cheers: Nice shots there...

For #3, was it just attacked by a bird or lizard? That's cos it has one of its hair pencil out (that's the thingy sticking out of its butt). It usually does that only when it's alarmed or attacked by a predator.

Thanks.

I have no idea about the hair pencil while I was shooting :dunno: , and only when I read up the description on the Dark Glassy Tiger not long ago I found that it is alarmed.

:bigeyes: Did my camera alarmed it? :think:

aspire said:
:bigeyes: Did my camera alarmed it? :think:

Unlikely. I've shot this species many times over. I don't think your camera alarmed it. Could have been scared by something else before you chanced upon it.

#1 is very nice esp composition. Watch out for better background to enchance the shot.

#1 is very nice esp composition. Watch out for better background to enchance the shot.

Noted. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.