Windows XP help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

My laptop was switched on for 2.5hours in the afternoon to listen to live radio whilst doing my work. Media was played via RealPlayer. After the 2.5hrs, I attempted to shut down the laptop but it simply refused to shut down and "hanged" there (I could start and close programs thought). Tried using task manager to shut it down but explorer was simply closed and the laptop still hung there.

Any computer gurus can help? Is this a bug issue or? Same problem happened few days ago whilst I was using Windows Media Player...

must narrow down possibilities. have u tried using laptop for 2.5hrs w/o using realplayer and then shutting it down successfully?

it could be other programs besides realplayer though, but i dont really like realplayer...

tokieda said:
must narrow down possibilities. have u tried using laptop for 2.5hrs w/o using realplayer and then shutting it down successfully?

it could be other programs besides realplayer though, but i dont really like realplayer...
Hmmm...havent tried that...will try it another time...

No choice must use realplayer...cos MediaCorp Radio switched to RealPlayer few weeks ago...it was WMP before tt.

Remove batteries and reload

Win XP isn't the most stable OS

Does your laptop have SP2?

Okay. With SP2, I experienced a similar problem like you. So this is what I did to my laptop, unable any unnecessary services I didn't need. The problem went away.

RealPlayer just gobbles up memory. You could try reducing your overhead in the memory.

amirfarhan said:
Okay. With SP2, I experienced a similar problem like you. So this is what I did to my laptop, unable any unnecessary services I didn't need. The problem went away.

RealPlayer just gobbles up memory. You could try reducing your overhead in the memory.
Hmm....will try that..thanks!

or u can try real alternative

works like realplayer minus the memory hog

gd luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.