Windows vista and singnet broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope107fm

Feb 9, 2008
Bedok, Singapore, Singapore
I wonder if any CS members have experienced connection problems when using Singnet Broadband with the Windows Vista operating system. Since subscribing to Singnet this March I have had intermittent problems with connections - usually the Ethernet light on the modem is not lit up and therefore connection is not there. I have confirmed that it is not a hardware problem as the DELL people ran a diagnostic check and found everything OK. I suspect it has something to do with some incompatibility issues between Windows Vista and Singnet's software.

In trying to connect I sometimes get Error Message "ERROR CODE 815". I googled this error code and varioius tech forums seem to confirm my suspicion.

The tech support at Singnet, while courteous, haven't a clue as to how to solve this problem. I have had to DIY but that only solves the problem for a while before it resurrects itself.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and how did you permanently resolve it? Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks

If the ethernet light on the modem is not lit up, then it cannot be a problem on your PC or operating system, Vista or otherwise. It's likely the problem lies at the Singnet line or the modem or the wall socket. Also check that all your extension lines are installed with filters. Pursue the problem with Singnet and insist they come down to test your signal.

No problems for me too. I dump the free modem for a wireless+router modem from D-Link as I have both a desktop and Notebook. I use wi-fi connection for notebook which is pre-loaded with Vista.

Did mess-up a bit when I did not add the microfilter to the line which connects to the modem.

Thank you guys for sharing your advice and experience. I will make sure they do all the things lightbrush mentioned when the Singnet technician visits on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.