Will you consider a small cc car in SG?


Status
Not open for further replies.

JL1500k

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
301
0
0
#1
Small cc car has been vanish for few years and now making a comeback again in singapore.
Here are some 660cc car selling in Singapore.

1. Chery QQ - $32,900 with COE
2. Subaru R1/R2 - $44,000 - $46,000 with COE
3. Mitsubishi i - Pending Offical Announce

Will you consider buying a small cc car in SG.
 

jopel

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2004
1,175
1
0
#4
ortega said:
I would suppose that i am too big too fit into a small car :(
so no i will not consider a small car
join the weight loss cafe thread
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#5
JL1500k said:
Small cc car has been vanish for few years and now making a comeback again in singapore.
Here are some 660cc car selling in Singapore.

1. Chery QQ - $32,900 with COE
2. Subaru R1/R2 - $44,000 - $46,000 with COE
3. Mitsubishi i - Pending Offical Announce

Will you consider buying a small cc car in SG.
IF there's a COE category for < 1000cc cars and not lump every car from 0cc to 1600cc into a single category, I will consider. Cos it will make every single sense for buying a small car with a matching price rather den getting a small car that costs like a VIOS. What's the point of it then? :dunno:

Den again, there's always the general conspiracy theory that if anything will cause LTA to lose money will not be implemented :bsmilie:. Makes u wonder why Segways and Electric Bicycles are being banned... :think:
 

blazer_workz

Senior Member
May 8, 2006
3,118
0
0
ClubSNAP Community
#6
Its just a trend..days of MPVs are ending soon..Europe has already seen a jump on the number for small cars/concept cars..

But then, when it comes to buying a car, requirement and purpose is more important than following the trend..
 

JL1500k

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
301
0
0
#8
jsbn said:
IF there's a COE category for < 1000cc cars and not lump every car from 0cc to 1600cc into a single category, I will consider. Cos it will make every single sense for buying a small car with a matching price rather den getting a small car that costs like a VIOS. What's the point of it then? :dunno:

Den again, there's always the general conspiracy theory that if anything will cause LTA to lose money will not be implemented :bsmilie:. Makes u wonder why Segways and Electric Bicycles are being banned... :think:
But now a day the COE for CAT A has reduce to around 10K to 13K and above >1600cc CAT B also fall within the same price or sometimes less than the CAT A.
Seem like more people are going for below <1600cc car or small car due to higher fuel consumption and road tax comparing driving a big car.
 

JL1500k

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
301
0
0
#9
blazer_workz said:
Its just a trend..days of MPVs are ending soon..Europe has already seen a jump on the number for small cars/concept cars..

But then, when it comes to buying a car, requirement and purpose is more important than following the trend..
Maybe they think that small cc car got market or can sell in singapore.

Reason 1/ Small car fuel consumption is lesser and road tax is cheaper. (Around $415 per year)

Reason 2/ Singapore is a small country so is just for City Drive only.

Reason 3/ Car price is cheaper and monthly installment is more affordable.

Reason 4/ For young couple or lone ranger.

Reason 5/ For small build people (especially lady)
 

Dec 9, 2004
1,479
0
0
Sembawang
#10
JL1500k said:
Small cc car has been vanish for few years and now making a comeback again in singapore.
Here are some 660cc car selling in Singapore.

1. Chery QQ - $32,900 with COE
2. Subaru R1/R2 - $44,000 - $46,000 with COE
3. Mitsubishi i - Pending Offical Announce

Will you consider buying a small cc car in SG.
sure why nt.....if I need a car for my job and I can't afford a expensive car......
 

Ola

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2005
820
0
0
Hougang
#11
No point buying car in Singapore lah ....
So expensive to own here ....
For some car owner ... if you don't drive for a year, the money save can buy a Canon 1Ds Mk2 or Canon 1D Mk2N + 2 to 3 L lens or a L lens every month ;)
 

DT_

New Member
Nov 4, 2005
883
0
0
#12
JL1500k said:
Small cc car has been vanish for few years and now making a comeback again in singapore.
Here are some 660cc car selling in Singapore.

1. Chery QQ - $32,900 with COE
2. Subaru R1/R2 - $44,000 - $46,000 with COE
3. Mitsubishi i - Pending Offical Announce

Will you consider buying a small cc car in SG.

huh.. pardon me no idea what's the mitsubishi I... so i did a search and think this is the closest i can get.. izt this? looks good.. but it seem like concept car leh...

http://www.carbodydesign.com/concept-cars/2005/10-06-mitsubishi-i-concept/Mitsubishi i Concept 5.jpg
 

Jul 10, 2006
46
0
0
East
#13
Would see where the fuel prices slide towards now. No matter how small the car still need to feed it with fuel right?
 

JL1500k

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
301
0
0
#14
photoconceptz said:
Would see where the fuel prices slide towards now. No matter how small the car still need to feed it with fuel right?
Agree! for 1.6cc car fuel consumption is (km/l): 12

For 1000cc car fuel consumption is (km/l): 17
 

Pro Image

Senior Member
Oct 31, 2003
2,822
0
0
46
Last planet from the sun
#15
Why buy a car, even a small one when you have reliable public transport?

Singapore is not like Australia, States, Malaysia, or China where there is more land to cover. To me lar, the silliest thing to do is buying a car in Singapore. So much money dump and at the end of the day you leave it at home due to the car parking in places like Orchard, Shenton Way, Suntec and city areas is so ex, fuel prices is increasing day by day and monthly installments you need to pay, insurance, road tax, yearly maintainence (tyres, batteries, engine oil and blah blah)

Another reason for not buying a car is when you drink, you can't drive. :bsmilie:

The only reason I can think of when buying a car is if I have extra cash. If not, I will stick to the old faithful cab, MRTs, and buses. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
 

JL1500k

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
301
0
0
#16

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#17
Personally, I will say no. I like cars. Why would I want to spend on a little car which I wont enjoy driving - slow acceleration that's a TU.
 

Chiang

New Member
Feb 17, 2005
153
0
0
Bedok
#20
yes.

now looking at cars like suzuki swift , hyundai getx, kia picanto , mitsui colt , honda jazz, honda fit , maz 2.


qq n kancil is kind of too small , n there is the issue of safety .


singapore is a small area , unless u frequent to malaysia , small car is the best way to go .
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom