Will this be possible?

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
An evf within a lcd. With sensor on top of lcd, once your face near to top mid of the lcd, you looking into a 3D evf.

The sony mk3 does have an evf popup, still take up some space. A7 series, been mirrorless, also need a hump on top.

So, with a 3D evf on lcd, the hump no more n no worries on lacking of a evf. This tech might be possible, nowadays so advance.

Just hoping to see such technology one day.

3D with one eye? That needs a few more rounds of evolution :)

3D with one eye? That needs a few more rounds of evolution :)

What I means is the same effect as a evf but it just behind a portion in the LCD. The concept is there, waiting for some technician to invented it. Heh heh!

Hmmm... What you're describing sounds like an LCD loupe? Ranges from simple ones that you just hold to the LCD, to other types that mount on with magnetic brackets, rubber bands and other types of mounts.

Hoodman_hooloupe_fixing.jpg

hoodman_loupe3.jpg

Carry-Speed-Swivi-LCD-View-Finder-300x247.png

Hmmm... What you're describing sounds like an LCD loupe? Ranges from simple ones that you just hold to the LCD, to other types that mount on with magnetic brackets, rubber bands and other types of mounts.

Not that. But my idea also got some drawback. Reduce in shape, size etc, might increase discomfort. Dipole adjustment also another key factor, maybe into digital? Hmm...

Human eye needs a.distance just like mfd of lenses...

$LE.jpg

The LCD will switch off when the eyes near to it as there is sensor on top of the LCD. So, it's a new kind of LCD technology. Either EVF can be see through the LCD or the EVF is in 3D viewing.

View attachment 6393
The LCD will switch off when the eyes near to it as there is sensor on top of the LCD. So, it's a new kind of LCD technology. Either EVF can be see through the LCD or the EVF is in 3D viewing.

Not a new technology, and LCDs that turn off when you get near VF have long existed. Though of course the VF (whether OVF or EVF) has been ABOVE the LCD.

An EVF is an assembly of display device (LCD, OLED, or whatever) with eyepiece optics that let the user see a virtual image of the display. WHY would you want to jam one inside the other? It doesn't help you get a 3D image.

You could conceivably get 3D off a rear-mounted LCD screen (both your eyes viewing) but not with one eye against the VF. Now if you're talking about 2 taking lenses, and 2 EVFs ...

Not a new technology, and LCDs that turn off when you get near VF have long existed. Though of course the VF (whether OVF or EVF) has been ABOVE the LCD.

An EVF is an assembly of display device (LCD, OLED, or whatever) with eyepiece optics that let the user see a virtual image of the display. WHY would you want to jam one inside the other? It doesn't help you get a 3D image.

You could conceivably get 3D off a rear-mounted LCD screen (both your eyes viewing) but not with one eye against the VF. Now if you're talking about 2 taking lenses, and 2 EVFs ...

I means new technology is not saying the sensor. What I means is that having an evf effect or evf behind (see through) lcd is a new type of technology.

I came out with this idea as mirror shouldn't have a notch on top, as no prism at all. But due to evf need to be there, so does the notch. Sony rx100 mk3 does have a hidden evf but, no space for hot shoe.

With my concept/idea, u still get evf n hot shoe without the notch. It might have some drawback like discomfort, dipole adjustment etc. Maybe that's the future of evf/lcd. :D