will they anyhow crop my image in color labs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonely0

Jun 8, 2004
Singapore
www.alndesign.com
Hi got a question here, i notice that all digital pics taken are of very massive dimension but i'm wondering, if i send them for processing in the color labs, will the operators crop off parts of my image without consulting me?

I'm just curious, know that this is a very stupid question.

cheers

they will have to crop your image if you didn't send in images with the same ratio as the print size. they cannot fit a image with 4:3 ratio (generally ratio of digicam for easy display on monitors) onto a 4R (3:2 ratio) without cropping.

Ask for "Fit In" and it will never be cropped. But you'll end up with 2 white borders at the sides. Alternatively, some labs have special 4:3 paper which can print 4:3 digital camera images without cropping and borders.

Regards
CK

Azure said:
CK is right.

There is a 4RDSC 4:3 size. Made for digicam pix.

cool i never knew that. is it available in all labs or only certain location in Singapore? can i have the address pls?

cheers.

stonely0 said:
cool i never knew that. is it available in all labs or only certain location in Singapore? can i have the address pls?

cheers.
Quite a number of labs have this size AFAIK. Beautiful Memories at Stamford House, Kim Tian (KT) at Hong Lim Complex, are amongst those I visit. I'm sure that are others. To my knowledge, its just a matter of adding that size (4.5 x 6) to the list of default sizes their lab machines can print.

I print regularly at KT, and they have created a custom 4:3 size for 8" paper. So I can get a 8RD (8" x 10.67") directly extrapolated from the standard 6Rs that I send there. I've seen some labs also offer a 4R/DSC as per the ratio mentioned by CK before.

remember that a 4.5x6 print will not fit into the standard albums.

How to crop the picture to 3:2? Is there a way to resize it into 3:2 rather than cropping that will chop of parts of the picture?

resizing or changing the aspect ratio will result in distortion.

stonely0 said:

cheers.
U can just simply being to ML(miao Laan colour ctr) they have so call DIGI SIZE to print your image without any crop cropping.located at Blk 154 # 01-302 Bukit Batok st 11 Tel: 65641062 and now they having school holiday promotion with every 50 print fo 4R u get 1pc of 8R free :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How's the quality printed by them? I'm staying near there :)

Camm said:
How's the quality printed by them? I'm staying near there :)
The qulity same as KT so far i'm very happy the service more of the time done by them.u can look for guy Kelvyn. He can print a test print for you.Service :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.