Will the price of D5100 drop after it fair?

nicqwerty

Jan 17, 2011
I'm inclined to buying the D5100 but will the price drop after it fair and will it have more freebies in the local shops after it fair?

1) Price will drop over time but expect to it really much after the IT Fair (price drop not attributed to IT Fair)
2) IT Fair gives more freebies which local shops dont match (but of course, charging u at RRP for the cam)
3) Amount of freebies will depend on ur haggling with the shop

Do look and ask around all the camera shops and go for the most worthwhile deal.

Any link for the price guide of D5100 and the freebies they give?

Any link for the price guide of D5100 and the freebies they give?

...In the ClubSnap Priceguides section...

If you want the IT fair prices you need to wait till it's published. Also not there's no such thing as "Freebies", you always actually pay for them.

I'm inclined to buying the D5100 but will the price drop after it fair and will it have more freebies in the local shops after it fair?

Many people seem to think that the IT Fair/PC Show/yadda yadda will somehow change the course of history for camera makers as if it's their one and only shot to sell cameras. It WON'T. Nikon as a whole does not really care about a PC Show (note the name - PC show, not a global event like Photokina, etc) in a small country lke Singapore, and will not change it's prices because of a non-photography event.

IT Fairs serve little purpose for the camera-buying consumer most of the time. It is just a good time for merchants to get rid of stocks since people who go are looking to buy. That said, on rare occasions, you might get a decent package deal - though not everything in the package is always useful.

As to whether the price will drop, trust me, IT Fairs do not do anything to that. You might want to look at more substantial camera-world events such as release of new models, etc.

edutilos- said:
IT Fairs serve little purpose for the camera-buying consumer most of the time. It is just a good time for merchants to get rid of stocks since people who go are looking to buy. That said, on rare occasions, you might get a decent package deal - though not everything in the package is always useful.

As to whether the price will drop, trust me, IT Fairs do not do anything to that. You might want to look at more substantial camera-world events such as release of new models, etc.

It does to the street price seller, they are slightly more generous in terms of freebies during these times to match show's freebies. Can take advantage of that.