Wide angle lens for Olympus mirrorless

Status
Not open for further replies.

kareon

Jan 16, 2006
Bedok
Hi there! I am wondering if anyone could recommend me a budget wide angle lens for travelling for my Olympus mirrorless?
Thanks in advance! :)

Panasonic Leica 9 MM f1.7
Ultra wide angle lens.

it would be helpful to know (a) your budget, and (b) what will you be shooting mostly on your trip.

Thanks @one eye jack for the recommendation.

Hi @nightwolf75, it will be more for scenic & buildings. Going to hutt lagoon pink lake in perth as well as Osaka, kobe & Kyoto in the later part of the year. I've got a soft spot for dreamy sunset and beautiful skylines. :)

Hoping not to spend too much tho. For second hand set, Is something below $400 possible?

below $400 i think you can get the kit lens for olympus 14-42mm/f3.5-5.6 or the 14-150mm/f4-5.6 as long as you do not see yourself shooting indoors during the trip. otherwise you will need at least $600 to get the 12-40mm/f2.8

Thanks @nightwolf75 . I've got the kit lens and hoping to get sth better. Will consider 12-40mm/f2.8 or Panasonic Leica 9 MM f1.7. Thank u so much!

Thanks @nightwolf75 . I've got the kit lens and hoping to get sth better. Will consider 12-40mm/f2.8 or Panasonic Leica 9 MM f1.7. Thank u so much!

Your 2 lenses are in my estimation already over $400 used for 12 - 40mm. So I'll slip in this ultra wide angle lens for your consideration. :p
Manual lens though.

Looks good too. Thanks!

Have u considered the Oly 9-18mm f5.6? Good for outdoors. I think it is below $400.

Hi @JW73 ! Thanks for sharing! I will take a look too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.