why so red

Status
Not open for further replies.

animian2002

Dec 18, 2005
can someone tell me why the picture look so red :embrass: i didnt do anything when i shot these photo

IMG_01021.jpg

IMG_01061.jpg

It's a white balance problem, I believe. Are the fluorescent lights there the pinkish/purplish type? Because that's not the typical fluorescents that in-camera fluorescent WB is for.

If you shot this in RAW, you can still adjust the color. If you shot in JPG, you can try changing the hue in Photoshop or other editing software.

It's a white balance problem, I believe. Are the fluorescent lights there the pinkish/purplish type? Because that's not the typical fluorescents that in-camera fluorescent WB is for.

If you shot this in RAW, you can still adjust the color. If you shot in JPG, you can try changing the hue in Photoshop or other editing software.

Above post is wat I would haf commented
another thing to add is that u can use the first pic taken in this location to adjust a custoM
white balance

this is to "tell" the camera which is the white in the picture u r taking

IMG_00911.jpg

IMG_00941.jpg

these were taken in the same place... somehow they turned out fine... just dun understand why the crabs look so red...

WB is set at auto :embrass: tot it will adjust accordingly :embrass:guess have to try to customize it sometime...sorry to ask how to customize :embrass:

WB is set at auto :embrass: tot it will adjust accordingly :embrass:guess have to try to customize it sometime...sorry to ask how to customize :embrass:

The wider field includes more light sources, which allow the camera to guess a better white balance.

As for "how", read your manual.

bring a white card along ur trip of photo, use custom setting, point ur camera to the white card or A4 paper zoom in. Set the white balance of the environment you are in.....there u go you have ur own white balance. shoot until you change ur environment.

Yeah, use custom white balance. There are Styrofoam in your picture. you can set your WB there, or like what Astorion wrote:

bring a white card along ur trip of photo, use custom setting, point ur camera to the white card or A4 paper zoom in. Set the white balance of the environment you are in.....there u go you have ur own white balance. shoot until you change ur environment.

Other thing is that take your 1st shot in RAW format and correct your WB, and use that WB settings in your subsequent shots.

Or if you always shoot in RAW, you can always correct the WB much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.