Why so many Oly 12-40mm f/2.8 pro lenses for sale??

I sold my 12-40 after one and half year of usage. There is nothing wrong with this lens. Everything is near perfect (corner sharpness, contrast, performance at f2.8 at both end of focal length). The only thing bothered me is its weight and size. Actually this lens is much lighter than pro zoom lenses offered in other systems but I was so spoiled by portability and compactness of m43 system. So I went back to light weight prime lens and bought panny 12-32 for wide angle and zoom lens need although performance of 12-32 is no where near 12-40

Did I enjoy it during my ownership of this lens? Definitely yes. :)

Baader-Meinhof phenomenon

haha thanks for the education. I catch myself doing this with stock purchases, etc. But seriously, look at the for M43 for sale forums, there's so many of them!
2 on the first page and 8 on the second page, as I write this!

I sold my 12-40 after one and half year of usage. There is nothing wrong with this lens. Everything is near perfect (corner sharpness, contrast, performance at f2.8 at both end of focal length). The only thing bothered me is its weight and size. Actually this lens is much lighter than pro zoom lenses offered in other systems but I was so spoiled by portability and compactness of m43 system. So I went back to light weight prime lens and bought panny 12-32 for wide angle and zoom lens need although performance of 12-32 is no where near 12-40

Did I enjoy it during my ownership of this lens? Definitely yes. :)

thanks priomas :)
I'm super happy with this lens so far, but I find I'm keeping my faster prime lens on most of the time, although it's not one of the lighter ones...

3 of 4 of my M43 lenses are pretty gigantic ones (12-40 f/2.8, 42.5 f/1.2, and 17.5 f/0.95).
One is a small bodycap fisheye.
But still way lighter than my previous Nikon full frame set up :bsmilie:

Nothing to worry about , people move on ;)

The 12-40/2.8 was the only lens I missed a lot when I moved out of MFT for a short while. Where else can u find a 24-80/2.8 equivalent this size and WR at this price lol.

Nothing to worry about , people move on ;)

The 12-40/2.8 was the only lens I missed a lot when I moved out of MFT for a short while. Where else can u find a 24-80/2.8 equivalent this size and WR at this price lol.

yah.. second that.. bought it for a short trip previously with the em10... good lens... good IQ.. good size and weight... I thoroughly miss the build manz... it just feels so solid...

Till now, my 12-40mm is my everyday lens. Two words to describe did this lens- VERSATILE AND SHARPER.
Please do not worry about why this lens is on top of "selling-out" chart.
What it matters most is being good photographer able to make use of his/her gears well!
Move on. I like to move it, I like to move it, move it!

I'm looking for this lens but the prices is same as online eg lazada and like 20% off the street price. May grab along with EM-10 ii when it is out.