why so many letting go their LX-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just order a Raynox MSN202 lens from USA (NEW), only USD65 including airmail to Singapore. Cheap!

many ppl buy d cam not knowing wat they need.
2 me a DMC-TZ-3 is more useful as I need a 28-280 IS lens pocketable zoom cam.
it supplement my eos 20D with a Carl Zeiss 50/1.4 manual lens. it's a brillant lens!

Usually normal consumer buy a camera they think they want the zoom. Untill they go travelling and find they want to capture the entire mountain/cityscape then they realise they need the 24mm...

crap, why would i want a hot-shoe for Lx3... i might as well lug my dSLR along...
For all those who are anti-LX3.
Might as well pocket the DSLR with lens in your pocket.
carry a wide angle adapter. carry extra an exra flash for taking pictures indoors...
and not forgetting the tripod in your pocket... :)

i purchased a lx3 a monthback. and i feel it is a very versatile. camera. every cameara wil have it's pros and cons. those that sell so fast.. most prob did not do much research abt it to know of it short commings. having a short zoom actually trains u to move closer to the subject. Of course if zoom and video is a priority then this camera is a no no. but at f2.0 and a equivalent 50mm at full zoom is pretty much good enuff. . Dun worry its is still a very good camera. make sure it suits your needs before buying it..

i got dslr,
but i wouldn't mind if anyone here want to give me your lx3 :)

Given the popularity of this camera, I would not be surprised if the high number of LX-3 owners selling their cameras could be just a small proportion of the entire LX-3 owner population here. So a high number of units available for sale does not mean that it is not a good enough camera.

There could be other reasons behind the sales too - for eg. economic hardships, upgrading to DSLR, etc.

I doubt anybody can rightfully decide which camera in the world is the best PnS camera unless he has applied consistent benchmark tests across every PnS camera in the market. Then again, image results are still subject to personal preference, taste, etc. Comparison is still subjective. As long as the owner loves the camera, who are we to say it is not good enough? I would say to each his own.

If you are considering to purchase a LX-3 and it is within your budget, dont just depend on other people's opinion, go try it out for yourself. Let yourself decide since the camera will be paid by your own pocket not from the others who give opinion.

By the way, I dont own a LX-3 myself.

Given the popularity of this camera, I would not be surprised if the high number of LX-3 owners selling their cameras could be just a small proportion of the entire LX-3 owner population here. So a high number of units available for sale does not mean that it is not a good enough camera.

There could be other reasons behind the sales too - for eg. economic hardships, upgrading to DSLR, etc.

I doubt anybody can rightfully decide which camera in the world is the best PnS camera unless he has applied consistent benchmark tests across every PnS camera in the market. Then again, image results are still subject to personal preference, taste, etc. Comparison is still subjective. As long as the owner loves the camera, who are we to say it is not good enough? I would say to each his own.

If you are considering to purchase a LX-3 and it is within your budget, dont just depend on other people's opinion, go try it out for yourself. Let yourself decide since the camera will be paid by your own pocket not from the others who give opinion.

By the way, I dont own a LX-3 myself.

very fair comments :thumbsup:

I've used the LX3 for a few days and cannot understand the comment that the LX3 is not very pocketable .... that fella must be wearing skin tight pants one size too small...... I have to sometimes dig around my bermuda pockets to find the camera and often pull out my iPhone or Blackberry by mistake

...... then the Canon and Nikon must be in crisis as I notice about a few hundred or more of their products (both brands) being put up for sale within the same time frame.

The Canon 70-200 2.8 must be in trouble....... 5 of these lenses put up for sale within the last 24hrs alone.

WTSell Ixus threads are about 10 pages (yes 10 PAGES) worth of WTSell Ixus threads

WTSell Coolpix threads also about 10 pages worth ..... siao liao.....

Last edited:
Most of them have dropped!

It has come to my observation, that many people are letting go their LX-3 after owning it for a short duration. Most common reason is upgrading to DSLR, this also includes my colleague at work, whom in the end bought an IXUS 870is?? My colleague tells me, the LX3 is not so pocketable and the zoom is not enough. So owners and ex-owners of this cam, share your experinences here.I've personally tried it and its very good, typical of panasonics good built and design of late.

recession fears maybe the answer :sweat:

From what I observed, there's quite a few who bought the LX-3 without fully understanding the limitation of the short focal length. And lesser still, really able to maximise the 24mm WA capability.

To these people, it's just a hyped P&S that's short on the zoom category. Jumped in cuz it's hyped and loses interest once they realise it's not their cup of tea.

who say lx3 no good?

so good that i bought a dlux4 after one month of purchase lx3...

u want long zoom, of course not good enough...but for landscape - fantastic!
so happy to find this small camera with big possibilities....and solve the burden of lugging a big bag with dslr and lenses....
then my travelling trip is just catching up with taking pictures, changing lenses and wearing out by the weight...
this camera gives me the ease of travelling, enjoying the trip and same time take good pictures...

now dlux 4 - even better..super nice exterior and nice brand gives me greater confidence...and plus the super nice leather bag...it will go well with my dressing...

erm..just curious as a LX3 owner....hw come alot ppl always use lx3 as a comparison to other cams? And seems there r some who cant wait to see the downfall of this cam...I wonder if its the cam tt offended them? :dunno:

erm..just curious as a LX3 owner....hw come alot ppl always use lx3 as a comparison to other cams? And seems there r some who cant wait to see the downfall of this cam...I wonder if its the cam tt offended them? :dunno:
I second that . Seems LX3 has become a benchmark to other PnS cameras. :)
( Canon G10, Fuji F31 and Ricoh G200 )

Because the LX-3 is that damn good - for a PnS. ;p

But the Ricoh CX-1 is looking mighty interesting!

I think the main dissent is those ppl are comparing the LX3 with dSLRs..

Status
Not open for further replies.