Why Slides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
catchlights said:
Think Cibachrome is history long time ago liao, other direct print yes but not sure what's the name.
:)

Ilfochrome?

Just to check that if you guys have any ideas where is RGB Color now? I saw it changed the name to Fotohub instead of RGB Color it used to be at Beach Road?

Anyone here can enlighten me?

Thanks.

Question:

I've take slides before and love the image produced. But given the greater exposure range of negatives, how is the slides still superior?

sillyme said:
Question:

I've take slides before and love the image produced. But given the greater exposure range of negatives, how is the slides still superior?

Better grain at ISO 50/100. What you see is what you see one the slide, you know the slide well you get the effect, without having the lab to adjust colour as oppose to printing negative. And also, the resolution/contrast is simply better for pro slide vs pro negative (my understanding).

sumball said:
Just to check that if you guys have any ideas where is RGB Color now? I saw it changed the name to Fotohub instead of RGB Color it used to be at Beach Road?

Anyone here can enlighten me?

Thanks.

RGB Color has pulled out of the retail business. They are still around but all their retail shops has been taken over by Fotohub. The one at Beach Rd is now Fotohub but still provides the same services as RGB Color, albeit at a slightly different price... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.