Why r there so many ppl selling A70?


Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Verre Vrai

Guest
#1
A70 no good meh? :dunno:
 

tweakmax2

Deregistered
Apr 15, 2003
198
0
0
37
Pasir Ris
#2
it good..... buy when u got it.... it seems that other model is better..... for me i need a camera with a better optical zoom
 

Apr 29, 2003
383
0
0
36
#4
aiyah, it's same like that time, a whole hoard of ppl selling of 602z.

let them sell lor. want to upgrade mah. got extra $...
 

sonix

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,284
0
0
Sengkang
www.emomentz.com
#5
Had recommend some people to buy it because the popularity of A40

The only complain i got is "Made in Malaysia" :dunno:

Strange people.... whats wrong with malaysia?? :confused:

After i tried myself I realized the constructions not so good.

But.... what most important is the quality and whoaaaa manual mode for just $500!!!!

It's really value for money for u guys to try digital world and manual settings

just my 10 Rupiah

Cheers
 

jasonpgc

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
453
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#7
Originally posted by sonix
Had recommend some people to buy it because the popularity of A40

The only complain i got is "Made in Malaysia" :dunno:

Strange people.... whats wrong with malaysia?? :confused:

After i tried myself I realized the constructions not so good.

But.... what most important is the quality and whoaaaa manual mode for just $500!!!!

It's really value for money for u guys to try digital world and manual settings

just my 10 Rupiah

Cheers
But the Manual Mode of A40 Sucks.

1) You cannot use any of the metering option (Spot, CW, Evaluation) to determine exposure in Manual Mode. You have to rely entirely on what you see on the LCD to adjust the exposure. You will often need to bracket as many as 5 shots to get this right.

2) You can only use the largest and smallest aperture of any selected focal length. Any fine exposure adjustment can only be done by changing the shutter speed. Its no good, but not really that bad.

And The killer is....

1) They ( Canon ) give you a PLASTIC tripod socket for A40!!!!!! Any one who screws the camera onto a tripod head will always wonder how much longer the thread can last?

At around S$400, I can still justify the DEFECTS. But A70 at >S$600.....

Maybe let the owners of A70 tell us whether it has inherit all the above "FEATURES" from A40.
 

meng

New Member
Apr 19, 2003
999
0
0
www.pbase.com
#8
Although the Manual Mode of A40 is not the best around and left some users to desire more featues, at it's price range, it's among one of the few 2MP DC that is able to produce great shots and pictures, and offering manual features and with a lens adaptor, one can use teleconvertor, wide angle lens, and filters.

If I'm not wrong,

1) A70 still can't use metering to determine exposure in Manual Mode.

2) A70 offers a few setting of aperture size of any selected focal length

3) Same plastic socket.


Originally posted by jasonpgc
But the Manual Mode of A40 Sucks.

1) You cannot use any of the metering option (Spot, CW, Evaluation) to determine exposure in Manual Mode. You have to rely entirely on what you see on the LCD to adjust the exposure. You will often need to bracket as many as 5 shots to get this right.

2) You can only use the largest and smallest aperture of any selected focal length. Any fine exposure adjustment can only be done by changing the shutter speed. Its no good, but not really that bad.

And The killer is....

1) They ( Canon ) give you a PLASTIC tripod socket for A40!!!!!! Any one who screws the camera onto a tripod head will always wonder how much longer the thread can last?

At around S$400, I can still justify the DEFECTS. But A70 at >S$600.....

Maybe let the owners of A70 tell us whether it has inherit all the above "FEATURES" from A40.
 

aireth

New Member
Jun 5, 2003
93
0
0
Visit site
#9
Originally posted by jasonpgc


At around S$400, I can still justify the DEFECTS. But A70 at >S$600.....

Maybe let the owners of A70 tell us whether it has inherit all the above "FEATURES" from A40.
I know of some places tt are selling A70 for less than S$450. Most are selling for abt $500...no more than 600.
 

jasonpgc

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
453
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by aireth
I know of some places tt are selling A70 for less than S$450. Most are selling for abt $500...no more than 600.
I believe you, but don't mind list out the name and address of the Shop for the benefit of those interested :p

You really sure S$450 for A70 NOT A60???
 

West_ray

Senior Member
Feb 10, 2003
1,864
0
36
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
#11
Originally posted by jasonpgc
I believe you, but don't mind list out the name and address of the Shop for the benefit of those interested :p

You really sure S$450 for A70 NOT A60???

I SECONDED TO IT !!! I ALSO BELIEVE !!! where is it huh???:D
 

shawntim

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
487
0
0
#12
My friend's having trouble with his A70. He complains that the pictures are terribly soft and there's no inbuilt sharpening option. Is it true?
 

F

Faith

Guest
#13
Originally posted by shawntim
My friend's having trouble with his A70. He complains that the pictures are terribly soft and there's no inbuilt sharpening option. Is it true?
What was the setting used? cam shake? slow shutter? a lot of factors why photos bacome soft.
 

shawntim

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
487
0
0
#14
i'm fairly experienced to handle digicams but I'm not sure why his shots are soft.. are there any inbuilt sharpening modes in the cam? or which specific camera modes to set? He says Vivid seems to be produce better pictures..
 

aireth

New Member
Jun 5, 2003
93
0
0
Visit site
#15
Originally posted by jasonpgc
I believe you, but don't mind list out the name and address of the Shop for the benefit of those interested :p

You really sure S$450 for A70 NOT A60???
Should be the A70 cos i asked my dad to go ask the price specifically fot tt model...Think its a shop called Darling photos at people's park...but my dad didn't buy it cos the sale's person ended up 'convincing' my dad to buy the sony P72...so angry :angry:

err...u could try asking...could a low price cos i think my dad knows tt person...and *whisper* my dad actually bargained below $450...

Is $500 for P72 worth it?
not sure of the price since i was set on the A70 and have done no research on the P72 and i wanted one with manual fns.
 

dbchoong

New Member
Apr 1, 2002
318
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#16
One of the common "tricks" used by some shops is to quote a very low price for some popular cameras and then only to tell you that there's no stock.

By then, some customers will be "mentally tuned" to think that the shop gives very good pricing. Then they'll whip out a camera which the customer's not familiar with and they'll sing and dance to sell that camera.

Not familiar with Sony pricing. $500 should ok lah.

;)
 

spider

New Member
Feb 2, 2002
129
0
0
Singapore
photos.yahoo.com
#17
Originally posted by West_ray
I SECONDED TO IT !!! I ALSO BELIEVE !!! where is it huh???:D

Hi, west ray, saw ur listing of ur Nikon lens....u should get urself a D100 instead....:)...padon me asking why u interested in Canon A70 ?
 

West_ray

Senior Member
Feb 10, 2003
1,864
0
36
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
#18
Originally posted by spider
Hi, west ray, saw ur listing of ur Nikon lens....u should get urself a D100 instead....:)...padon me asking why u interested in Canon A70 ?
oh ... thanks for ya suggestion .. actually i dun intend to go into digital photography ... tat's y i didnt get a DSLR ... the reason y i wanna get A70 is becoz i wan it as a family camera, where FUN is the main reason behind it ... anyway i just got myself a 2nd hand f90x couple of months ago and i "terribly" happy with tat ... :D

today i went to MS color and view the A70 and found tat flicker LCD and the cover lens have some prob, tat's y didnt get it ... well i still wanan get a70 ... but all these prob made me take a step back ...
 

jasonpgc

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
453
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#19
Originally posted by West_ray
oh ... thanks for ya suggestion .. actually i dun intend to go into digital photography ... tat's y i didnt get a DSLR ... the reason y i wanna get A70 is becoz i wan it as a family camera, where FUN is the main reason behind it ... anyway i just got myself a 2nd hand f90x couple of months ago and i "terribly" happy with tat ... :D

today i went to MS color and view the A70 and found tat flicker LCD and the cover lens have some prob, tat's y didnt get it ... well i still wanan get a70 ... but all these prob made me take a step back ...
Can wait for the A80 to come out :p
Maybe they will address all the QC issue with, of course, a higher price tag. :bsmilie:
 

jasonpgc

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
453
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#20
Originally posted by aireth
Should be the A70 cos i asked my dad to go ask the price specifically fot tt model...Think its a shop called Darling photos at people's park...but my dad didn't buy it cos the sale's person ended up 'convincing' my dad to buy the sony P72...so angry :angry:

err...u could try asking...could a low price cos i think my dad knows tt person...and *whisper* my dad actually bargained below $450...

Is $500 for P72 worth it?
not sure of the price since i was set on the A70 and have done no research on the P72 and i wanted one with manual fns.
You know last time People's Park famous for :kok: people? I have an encounter 10 years ago when I want to get a Sony Walkman. I saw a price tag cheaper than the Market rate. In the end, I found out that the charger (Suppose to be in the package) was removed by the sales guy and wanted to sell me for another $60. :dunno:
Of course, not all shops in PP are like that :p
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom