Why people give up photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a lot of reasons for individuals when they give up something, no time, money, lost of interest, priority changed... etc etc. but i think sometimes some of them just want to take a break after all the shooting and stuff, it may be that their creative juice is out and they need to step down to recharge or something. some people bounce back with greater achievement than before. :)

i think that having very good equiptments is a very good bonus, when one is able to afford them and use them to the fullest, but some low end P&S equipments can produce very nice pictures also, i think it depends on the user, whether they wanna push what they have to get something better. IMHO, it's important that the owner know their cam well, so that maybe they can do amazing thing. :)

just my opinion. hehe..

These could be some of the reasons:
1. took up the hobby at full throttle . . . buying the latest, buying the best film camera available, DSLR available, biggest lenses, widest lenses, fastest lenses, most comprehensive bags and then momentum lost just like a limp you know what after a session of you know what with the sexiest you know who. Worst still, these guys got everything except results to show . . . frustrated they cut losses by selling off their gear and go into marine fish rearing . . . haha

2. took up as hobby and became good enough to go semi-pro like shooting wedding and fashion shows on weekends . . . quite fun whilst it lasts. Not all marrying couples are good looking and fun enough to motivate your creative juices and not everyone would be always love what you shoot and go: ooh and wow to your pix. What's more, imagine getting up at the wee hours of the morning to shoot a teochew wedding. Fed up and tired, so give up and get a full time job.

3. Good enough to go pro full swing. Invest in studio equipment and rental of premises. Invest in developing a solid portfolio and direct mail brochure to solicit for business. Get other like minded people to join you as partners . . . many start to fail here when personality clashes begin to erode your friendship and your initial drive when setting up shop. Worst still, clients are so: Aargh, so demanding, so unreal, so lack of taste, so difficult . . . disappointed, sell equipment and go back to climb your corporate ladder.

These above examples are true stories . . . only the names have not been mentioned to protect the privacy of those affected.

justdoit said:
You might be wondering why people give up photography.
I have a friend who used to snap using EOS 1V, last time saw him using P&S.
Similar case, I came across people who want to sell their equipment due to giving up of photography.

Is it the cost that stop them going forward, or is it the weight, time or what. or is it because nothing to shoot already.

I know this thread going to attract flames, but all comments are welcome.
Why don't you ask them?

Status
Not open for further replies.