Why is Canon so quiet?

Yeah. Who knows, Canon might invent a time machine for us to all go back to 2010 and get the new 7DmkII... Then we will have the best camera out there at that time.

Ha ha. We all know Canon usually respond to Nikon in its product release. Now that the D810 is out, will Canon release a FF first or the 7D2? :think:

Ha ha. We all know Canon usually respond to Nikon in its product release. Now that the D810 is out, will Canon release a FF first or the 7D2? :think:

They can release both at the same time. People who want an APS-C camera will not get an FF or cannot afford an FF, people who want to get a FF will not 'downgrade' to get a APS-C.

I am thinking if Canon actually worked on their APS-H sensor and put that in the 7DmkII, then said that they have the best sensor or camera in the smaller than FF camera sector :think:

They can release both at the same time.

Ha ha, you are really optimistic. 7D2 already wait 4-5 years, now you think 7D2+5D4 or 6D2 or 3D or 1DX2 will come together.

Last edited:
They can release both at the same time. People who want an APS-C camera will not get an FF or cannot afford an FF, people who want to get a FF will not 'downgrade' to get a APS-C.

I am thinking if Canon actually worked on their APS-H sensor and put that in the 7DmkII, then said that they have the best sensor or camera in the smaller than FF camera sector :think:

I would like to see the APS-H sensor in the 7D Mark II also but what would that mean to the collection of EFS lenses that most APS-C users have? If Canon could make the APS-H camera compatible with EFS lenses then the benefits of both worlds could be realized.

I would like to see the APS-H sensor in the 7D Mark II also but what would that mean to the collection of EFS lenses that most APS-C users have? If Canon could make the APS-H camera compatible with EFS lenses then the benefits of both worlds could be realized.

Me too wish but Canon would probably not do it.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2639446#forum-post-32671341

Personally, I think the timing is about right for Canon to announce some big changes to their sensors. CIPA trend shows that unless the manufacturers start making big strides in their technology &/or approach, the market will dry up soon. For the past few years, Canon has been quite successful in milking the most from their same old same old sensor technology (another 18 MP APS-C sensor, anyone?). But this has to end soon if they want to remain profitable in the camera business.

They were the most successful in the early days of digital photography. And it looks like the industry needs another shake-up now.

My $0.02.

Nope. Why would Canon need to close shop? R&D will definitely still continue. I'm not saying there won't be newer stuffs coming out. Maybe in 10 years' time, for eg, ISO1600 may be as good as ISO400 now? Maybe we'll have cameras that are slimmer and lighter weight? But rather than lament or constantly look forward for new gadgets, why not think rather how to take better pictures? Why not challenge oneself to up the skill one notch more? To me, all the lenses and camera bodies that Canon has been producing are there already. The question really lies in the photographer (or rather, camera collector!). Not so much in when is Canon coming up with this or that new model. Like I said, after 2009, I find the new camera models that have been coming out do not play any significant role in improving my pictures. It's me that's the difference. But then again, I must admit in today's context, a camera is not just to take good pictures. It has become like a social status, a collector's item, or just a buy-and-sell gadget at will. Very much like upgrading of mobile phones, computers and other tech gadgets. Nobody really cares if one can take good pictures with the $4,000 camera body and $2,000 lens. Limpeh got money can buy! So what?! :)
What u said are pretty correct but newer cameras usually comes with better features. And it can help to get higher keeper rate indirectly I would say it does help to take better pictures. Example 2 photographers with equivalent skills or rather an experienced photographer and one using an outdated 8 year old camera and the other one using the latest camera shooting at the same thing, who do u think will have an advantage or equivalent?

Last edited:
Good luck to Canon as more and more users are switching over to mirror-less cameras such as Fujifilm, Olympus and Sony A7, Ar and 7s.

Good luck to Canon as more and more users are switching over to mirror-less cameras such as Fujifilm, Olympus and Sony A7, Ar and 7s.

EOS-M??

But tbh Canon cameras seem pretty underwhelming without magic lantern

http://petapixel.com/2014/07/05/canon-7d-replacement-possibly-spotted-world-cup/

Canon 7D replacement possibly spotted at World Cup

canon2.jpg

Canon will not release a new mega pixel FF and nikon will not rlease a D300 replacement.

Canon & Nikon will merge so you need to buy more for different needs.

Canon will not release a new mega pixel FF and nikon will not rlease a D300 replacement.

Canon & Nikon will merge so you need to buy more for different needs.

Looks like they are in cahoots. ;(
nah.... prob a consumer range body..... no weather seal..... so need to cover cover bit..... :embrass::dunno:

ha ha ha :bsmilie: