Why does my Canon EOS 600D display "Movie recording has been stopped automatically"

voice123

Jan 16, 2012
Singapore
it stop 8-10 sec when shoot while on the move

using SanDisk SDHC Card 32GB and there is a 4 in circle
there is more than enough room in the card

Last edited:
voice123 said:

Try using a class 6 or higher card. Shld work.

Try using a card with class 6 or higher. Video recording requires higher processing speed which is found in higher class sd cards. The circle with number... Shld work.

1) Use at least class 6 cards... class 10 most prefered. Your card is a class 4 card.

2) check to see if you are on video snapshot mode,

387245_10150435795033796_786073795_8363112_974617014_n.jpg

if you are on video snapshot mode, turn it off.

Hope it helps.

I facing same problem before, ppl also tell me is the SD card class too low... For video..mine also class 4..

I using class 4 sandisk. Work perfect. Sometimes is the brand of the card as I think Sandisk quite conservative with spped

thanks very much
so meaning this 32gb card can only

thanks very much
so meaning this 32gb card can only

Just go and get a class 6 and above card, your card is class4 and so there are some issue.

Also like I have mention, see if you have switch on the video snapshot mode. If you have, switch it off.

I have this same problem with my Canon 60d.
Even using Class 6 Kingston also have this problem from time to time.
Upgraded to Imation Class 10, also have the same problem.
I read somewhere that the problem will surface if you had deleted some shots or videos on that card, to prevent this from happening, you should not delete any shots/videos until you have finish all the shooting you want.

i'm using 60d with sandisk 32gb class10 for my video recording.

so far so good, except for that one time when my recording goes over 12 minutes, the recording stopped automatically.
if you have ensured that your card is class 6 and above, do make sure that your video recording doesn't go over 11 minutes 59 seconds.
this is a limitation of dslr recording videos. i think i read it somewhere in the manual of the camera also..

sian leh 40$ wasted
now have to use my 8gb class 10 for vids
3min = gb