why do people hold DSLR like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
Attended a seminar recently, and saw this guy holding the DSLR like that and taking photos of the participants.
IdiotwDslr.jpg
1) It's indoor, so the shutter speed is likely to be low. Every bit of stability helps, even though the camera has in-built stabilisation. Holding such a large weight so far away from the body can't be steady at all.
2) I think he looks a bit silly holding a DSLR like that.

Anyway, I saw him reviewing the photos on LCD and frowning, so I presume they weren't too sharp.

And what's your intention of posting a pic of his doing this, if I may ask?

Why not try a different approach. Go to him and start a friendly conversation:

You: Hey I saw that you're taking some pictures of the class with a nice looking DSLR. How did the pictures turn out?
Him: Oh hi. Erm.. ok, but some of them look not very clear.
You: Ya it is hard to take pictures indoor. Normally if I get blur pictures I will try this technique. (And you show him how to do it).
You: Why don't you give it a try?
Him: (After taking a few shots). Hey that is indeed better, thank you very much bro!

Isn't that much better then posting his pic here showing everybody how bad he had done without his knowledge?

live view????

Likely that he's new to using DSLR and is using the Liveview function, or maybe he's just out to try out the Liveview.. well.. you really should approach him as suggested.. saves u the effort of taking this pic and posting this thread and at the same time gaining a new friend and solve ur question!

Actually i think, he just wants to be different from the rest, at the expense of his pictures. Haha.:bsmilie:

TS
- has a Older DSLR so he does not know about Live View
- took this pic w/o the knowledge of the subject
- is very bored, kay poh and more importantly critical
- finally as mentioned, not being helpful

:)

Instead show him the pic if you really want to take it, then take a good shot for him and then teach him how to improve.

Now thats being contructive!

Cheers

TS self-pwn thread. lolololololololol

TS thats very rude of you..
And even using liveview has nothing to do with being noob. video recording function anyone?Geez..

Nothing wrong with how the guy wants to shoot his photos. Even with or without liveview. It's his camera, his rules.

If it bothered you that much into making a thread here and asking everyone in CS why he's shooting like that, you should've just approached him and show him how to shoot like a pro. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.