WHY Canon? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude .. y get so worked up over such a thing .. If u'r so depressed by it, i suggest u watch CSI cuz they use Nikon all the time.

Enjoy!!

And they are Nikon Film cameras. I think Nikon has many very good Film camera..eg. FM2.
FM2 may be the extra camera that I will bring along if I ever go for everest climb.

Let's look at a professional photographer's opinion on why he is considering to switch from Nikon to Canon. http://diglloyd.com/diglloyd/free/GoodbyeNikon/index.html

will you be so affected by it such that

1. if you're a Canon user you'll be so proud of making the 'right' choice?
2. if you're a Nikon user you're going to curse and swear and sell every last thing with the Nikon logo, embarking on a self enlightening journey to the heavens of Canon?

i buy what i can afford, use what i'm comfortable with. i think all these comparisons are making people more conscious of those little machines than the person behind the camera.

will you be so affected by it such that

1. if you're a Canon user you'll be so proud of making the 'right' choice?
2. if you're a Nikon user you're going to curse and swear and sell every last thing with the Nikon logo, embarking on a self enlightening journey to the heavens of Canon?

i buy what i can afford, use what i'm comfortable with. i think all these comparisons are making people more conscious of those little machines than the person behind the camera.

Agree with you, why care about what the majority uses? If you are currently happy with what you have, then use it to the max. If as Nikon user you feel sad, then how about those who use Sony, Oly, Pentax and etc.....:think:

Agree with you, why care about what the majority uses? If you are currently happy with what you have, then use it to the max. If as Nikon user you feel sad, then how about those who use Sony, Oly, Pentax and etc.....:think:

sometimes i'm surprised how these reviews can create so much mental trauma in people these days, reviews are, afterall, written by people.

who knows, maybe we'll see a rise in cases of killer litters involving camera related items? :bsmilie:

Why Canon ???
Hmmh.... :think:
Coz "Every shot is a Powershot!" :bsmilie:

Btw, I'm a Nikon user. :)

sometimes i'm surprised how these reviews can create so much mental trauma in people these days, reviews are, afterall, written by people.

who knows, maybe we'll see a rise in cases of killer litters involving camera related items? :bsmilie:

Please tell me where the killer litter is going to fall, who knows I may catch a D2X or a 1D :bigeyes:

Just use what you got. Why worry so much about it.

funny thing is, in the movies, the photographer is always shown shooting with a nikon.

so, all's fair right?

;)

Yea right! Manual F cam in the old Superman... D2x in Superman returns, even the latest Spiderman 3 got a Nikon D80...;)

Now why the hell would I want everybody else to use the gear I use...? :think:

hahah
nah lah...i want the practical functionality part of the Canon>> High ISO.

I do really care about what the majority uses...
1) generally tends to make better products in terms of functionality and general use at a good pricing. Production cost lowers for more products produced...hence it should translate to better products for users (GENERALLY)
2) bigger 2nd hand market. It is very easy to find 2nd hand items for nikon and canon or make resale.
3) 3rd party lenses are more willing to provide mounts for nikon and canon.
4)easier to find troubleshoot support from forums and articles.

but i have to agree as long as the camera takes a generally ok picture, it is up to the "artist" to capture that beauty.

yes canon is hot..cuz it has maria sharapova using it :heart:

I guess its marketing and nothing else..

And Canon is like "Intel" and Nikon is like "AMD"

All of you thanks for your input.

Cheers

Well actually I have the opposite mentally. I am using canon now but would rather prefer less pple to use canon cause the high demand is keeping the prices up. The less popular brands are priced more attractively for the features they offer.

An interesting observation, judging from some of the replies...
The popular media uses Nikon in movies and shows because it's more recongised by the public?
The professionals (i.e. profit from photography) uses Canon because...it's marketed more aggressively?

If everyone thinks like eikin, technology wont progress. I still believe we need technical support to give photographers better flexibility to capture even more demanding shots.

bcos Canon got photocopier, printer and scanner to complement the camera!

If everyone thinks like eikin, technology wont progress. I still believe we need technical support to give photographers better flexibility to capture even more demanding shots.

you should always read things in context, what use are high-end reviews to the layman shooters? if you're there in the league of the pros shooting olympic games, go ahead and pick every fault out of every camera, if it matters so much for you. for the masses which i'm part off, i only want to use what is affordable and available.

I think we should close this thread. What pros use doesnt concern us, 99.9% of us here cant even be considered a cameraman, let alone a photographer. me included.

Status
Not open for further replies.