Why are pple comparing FX9 with LX1 or F11??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekardo

May 14, 2002
Visit site
you are comparing Apple with Meat !

you should compare with Apple and Pear...

FX9, Ixus, Exlim etc...are of the same class...and you should compare with this series

Slim, small, slick, stylo and compact of the main aim of this class, so dun compare with ugly looking and bulky camera !

Tired of replying to so many similar posting..

coz fx9 and f11 same price range ;p

maybe i ask too much qns

It all bowls down to the consumer. Different priorities and preferences leads to a comparison of different models. Say if cost is the top concern, it's reasonable to compare FX9 and F11. Of course if size is the priority, T5, S600 etc will be in the list. And so on.

I understand about brand/model loyalty, but one must understand the needs of the customer instead of blindly pushing something you owned. :bsmilie:

Just for the record, I myself is planning to get a p-n-s the next couple of weeks. And I find myself comparing the exact same 3 models that are stated! ;p

Am currently favoring the F11 even though I prefer the FX9's design (have been aiming the series since FX7) though... :think:

ekardo said:
you are comparing Apple with Meat !

you should compare with Apple and Pear...

FX9, Ixus, Exlim etc...are of the same class...and you should compare with this series

Slim, small, slick, stylo and compact of the main aim of this class, so dun compare with ugly looking and bulky camera !

Tired of replying to so many similar posting..

The answer is common sense.

There are many people who cares about price and picture quality also instead of just blindling classifying and comparing cameras based on the cameras' physical appearances alone.

I compare FX9 with LX1 because the camera body is about the same size, only difference is LX1 has that extra lens bit. I have always been a PnS user, but since I am thinking of improving my photography skills, I find that the LX1 might be a good choice instead of those bulky DSLR, which is simply absurd (for me) to carry around on travels. Thus, it's like wanting the best of both worlds - small size, AND better functionality.

hehe... since someone mentioned abt size... here's just a comparison bet LX-1 and F10 :)

LX-1vsF10.jpg

okay F10's thicker than LX-1

LX-1vsF10-2.jpg

but LX-1 got the extra Leica lens protruding out... w/o it = FX9

LX-1vsF10-3.jpg

sheesh... LX-1 longer than F10...

:dunno: wat will it be then.... hmmm....

each individual will have their own set of criteria. for some it could be price, for others it could be form-factor or megapixel count. for ladies esp size and looks seem to rank quite highly.

i would have gotten the lx1 over the f11 but my main criteria was for it to fit comfortably in my pocket. the lx1 image quality is very good though. i took a shot of some newspaper and the text was so crisp.

maybe newbie like me recently ask too much until bro got mad ;p, anyway everyone gone thru these stage same as me

Fella said:
Just for the record, I myself is planning to get a p-n-s the next couple of weeks. And I find myself comparing the exact same 3 models that are stated! ;p

Am currently favoring the F11 even though I prefer the FX9's design (have been aiming the series since FX7) though... :think:
am i rite then to compare FX9 to Z2.............then F11 to LX1 ??? :D

fuji has that annoying proprietary xd card which is hard to re-use elsewhere.....
same reason why i never looked at sony, though now they do make cameras that uses SD cards already...

i think from all the reviews and forum posts found on the net, the LX1 seems to be ideal for travel and learning with all the manual features though a bit pricey...

i'm just weary that panasonic like to launch a lot of new models every yr....
therefore, i foresee an LX2 coming in a few months.....

Ahh... these looks familiar! Finally, I see the pics. :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

I've the LX1, but I plan to get the F11 for my wifey after seeing shots shared by Xing. Personally, I feel the LX1 is great and tack sharp :lovegrin: but ease of use as a p&s, I think the fuji wins esp. with its excellent AWB.

Xing said:
hehe... since someone mentioned abt size... here's just a comparison bet LX-1 and F10 :)

okay F10's thicker than LX-1

but LX-1 got the extra Leica lens protruding out... w/o it = FX9

sheesh... LX-1 longer than F10...

:dunno: wat will it be then.... hmmm....

bobokuku said:
am i rite then to compare FX9 to Z2.............then F11 to LX1 ??? :D

there is no right or wrong...depends on your criteria mah. what are your criteria anyway?

madmacs said:
there is no right or wrong...depends on your criteria mah. what are your criteria anyway?
hehehe...something light and compart for CO, but then i only take pic for my fishes (which is very hard to take nice pic ,moving object) price range around 700 + - ;p which is why im asking alot of qns here regarding fx9, f11........i dun want buy sala again;p but my friend highly rec LX1....

tky said:
Ahh... these looks familiar! Finally, I see the pics. :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

I've the LX1, but I plan to get the F11 for my wifey after seeing shots shared by Xing. Personally, I feel the LX1 is great and tack sharp :lovegrin: but ease of use as a p&s, I think the fuji wins esp. with its excellent AWB.
hi KY, yes the LX-1 is courtesy of you, hehe... hope ur wife will be nicely surprise by ur gift ;p

bobokuku said:
hehehe...something light and compart for CO, but then i only take pic for my fishes (which is very hard to take nice pic ,moving object) price range around 700 + - ;p which is why im asking alot of qns here regarding fx9, f11........i dun want buy sala again;p but my friend highly rec LX1....

in my opinion, the lx1 is very good...but price is close to $900. good cam if you can increase your budget.

then again...if you are looking for a cam for your CO then i would suggest bringing her to choose. women are more interested in a cams size, looks and ease of use than features. from my experience, women tend to prefer the fx9 or ixus series. so far 3 i know say the f11 ugly..not sexy etc... :( i suspect your CO would consider the lx1 too bulky. as long as she happy you will be happy :bsmilie:

good luck in your choice! ;)

madmacs said:
in my opinion, the lx1 is very good...but price is close to $900. good cam if you can increase your budget.

then again...if you are looking for a cam for your CO then i would suggest bringing her to choose. women are more interested in a cams size, looks and ease of use than features. from my experience, women tend to prefer the fx9 or ixus series. so far 3 i know say the f11 ugly..not sexy etc... :( i suspect your CO would consider the lx1 too bulky. as long as she happy you will be happy :bsmilie:

good luck in your choice! ;)

bingo....bring her to see already, she said LX 1 lens protrude not nice :dunno: say fx9 good looking , but havent see F11 ;p i guess she prefer fx9.....now im waiting for a good deal to get a fx9 tho

actually I can understand....but there are just too many post on asking about these 3 camera..ahha..

for me is clear cut, since I have S7000Pro, i just need a super compact camera that I can use anywhere, even in discreet places...

and FX9 is not that bad...been giving me, my gf, my family and my future in-laws surprises...with it's size, look, and quality! :)

bobokuku said:

Considering the fishes part, I'll take F11 over FX9. Motion stabiliser in whatever form/name is practically useless on moving objects. And that feature is one of the big sell point for the FX9. :)
However, as far as ladies are concerned, FX9 wins anytime... :bsmilie:
I myself am thinking of how to convince my missus that getting the F11 may be a better choice over the FX9. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.