who is the most expensive wedding photographer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Hi guys,

I am just curious who is the most expensive wedding photographer in Singapore that you know of and is there a website to view his works? I wanted to ask who is the BEST wedding photographer but I realised that question is very subjective...

Just want to see more wedding nice wedding photos.

I like Wesley's stuff.

http://www.memphiswest.com/

You pay for what you get. Most of his wedding stuff is not on his website though, but I've seen a couple of his books he did for wedding couples, good stuff.

That has got to be Chris Ling. One of the compass photographers. He charged my friend $5k for actual day shoot (think he dun like actual day shoot, only prefer album shoots). After tht, 1 yr later, i read rumors (meaning not confirmed news) that he quoting $8k for actual day. And mind you, his 'actual day' is very according to his timing, not not free lancers around CS who willingly charge just $500 for 12hrs work.

do a search for Chris Ling. very famous, you'll find his works. not too sure if he still shoots or not.
And then do a search for compass photographers. Andrew Choi is also pretty popular.

n0d3,
thanks for the links. His works are nice but he seems to be more of a commercial photographer. No wedding works as you said on his website.

Shadus,
I know of the Compass Photographers. Do you think they are worth the money? What seperates their pictures such that they can command such a high pay?

If you ask me, no, they're not worth tht type of money. Plus, you may not like Andrew Choi's style. You got to go by your feelings for such stuff. most gals go by word of mouth. pple say good, they think good.

Once I got fedup wif one of my closer female frens. So i decide to show her 3 portfolios. one from chris ling, one from a mid-range bridal, and one from someone i know. she cant really decide whose is better.

how about Benny Ang? anyone herad of him?

trlnlty said:
iamasaint is probably the best on clubsnap imo
Potentially he is going to be among the most expensive in the near future, good one no doubt .... :bsmilie:

Shadus said:
If you ask me, no, they're not worth tht type of money. Plus, you may not like Andrew Choi's style. You got to go by your feelings for such stuff. most gals go by word of mouth. pple say good, they think good.

Once I got fedup wif one of my closer female frens. So i decide to show her 3 portfolios. one from chris ling, one from a mid-range bridal, and one from someone i know. she cant really decide whose is better.

Actually I went to NZ with Andrew Choi for wedding photoshoot. My wife made the choice to hire Andrew. One thing I noticed after working with Andrew is that he is REALLY fast in his shoots and he doesn't digitally edit much of his pictures. Almost all the shots are not cropped. And out of 12 days of shoot, I only saw him use flash and tripod once.

Speaking from a consumer point of view, ultimately what we are looking for is brand name and confidence that the shots will turn out well. My wife and I were very happy with Andrew's photos but could could we have gotten the same quality for a cheaper price? Probably but are we going to risk it? No. So it is kind of weird, if you can charge a higher price, you may have more business as it makes you look more reliable and trustworthy.

check out this

http://www.storybookweddings.com/pricing3589/coverage.html

Mr Gary Fong...the LSPJ guy....his price...

Wedding/Event Day Rate $120,000 $10,000/hr for a 12 hour coverage - this is a reduction from the regular fee of $12,500/hr)
$40,000 is required to hold the date, Balance due 21 days before the event.

Currency US$ !!

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

n0d3 said:
I like Wesley's stuff.

http://www.memphiswest.com/

You pay for what you get. Most of his wedding stuff is not on his website though, but I've seen a couple of his books he did for wedding couples, good stuff.

wes is based in paris now. you get what you pay for and he is good. no big slrs with battery packs, he just turn up with a hassy xpan. quietly blending into the wedding day, he will retell the story of your wedding as if you are there yourself.

TechMage said:
check out this

http://www.storybookweddings.com/pricing3589/coverage.html

Mr Gary Fong...the LSPJ guy....his price...

Wedding/Event Day Rate $120,000 $10,000/hr for a 12 hour coverage - this is a reduction from the regular fee of $12,500/hr)
$40,000 is required to hold the date, Balance due 21 days before the event.

Currency US$ !!

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
All you need is 1 idiot, and he don't have to work for the 2nd 1/2 of this decade. :)

offspring said:
wes is based in paris now. you get what you pay for and he is good. no big slrs with battery packs, he just turn up with a hassy xpan. quietly blending into the wedding day, he will retell the story of your wedding as if you are there yourself.

Yup, thats what I like about Wesley's works. His Xpan/B&W shots are :bigeyes:. Theres also this very personal touch to it, hopefully hes still around when I get married. :bsmilie:

offspring said:

err... If it was my wedding, I would hope that I was there!! :bsmilie:

dnd8008 said:
err... If it was my wedding, I would hope that I was there!! :bsmilie:

I think that sentence was to describe how personal the shots would turn out and in a way whoever is viewing them will feel as if they were there themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.