Who is getting the L1?


Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Senior Member
Sep 6, 2004
4,101
0
0
#1
Who will be rushing out to buy the L1?
I was keen but there seems to be banding issues with this cam.
 

eow

Senior Member
Jun 22, 2004
10,060
6
38
#2
pricing is the main problem....
not very affordable
 

trd2970

Senior Member
Jun 8, 2005
5,310
1
0
#4
weekh said:
Who will be rushing out to buy the L1?
I was keen but there seems to be banding issues with this cam.
is it out already? or u seem to know something that we dunno ;)
 

jimtong

Senior Member
May 8, 2002
1,528
0
36
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
#5
eow said:
pricing is the main problem....
not very affordable
The price comes with a kit lens that have OIS and Leica glass. Therefore, there is a chance that you might not need other lens unless you want to get a specialist lens like macro.

I think this is a reasonable price relatively. But I can foresee that the proce will not stay at it is. Might drop...
 

Mar 15, 2004
228
0
0
38
singapore
#6
hrmm~ what banding prob?

can direct us to the source of the news?

ya, price is a killer~~~
i might wait till march or later. needa save money~~

thinking of getting new phone also. (n93~ hehehe)

so my ears are going to drop on the floor if i spend so much on tech~

if the cam was around 2.5~2.7, would get it straight.
but now~ it's around 3.5~3.7k...

will watch on exchange rate.
getting from amazon.com is around 3.1~3.2 SGD. plus 100 shipping, will still only be 3.3k.
that's 400 bucks diff...
 

overdodo

New Member
Mar 19, 2006
509
0
0
#8
but why get a L1 when you can get either e330 or e500 and use the 4-thirds system ?

It just seems like a scaled down, retro-looking, leica branded version of e330 ?


cheers
 

Mar 15, 2004
228
0
0
38
singapore
#9
nope~ it's not about the retro looking.
nor about leica branded e330.

the interface cannot be found on other dSLR.

it's a very manual friendly camera.

focus, zoom, aperature with left hand, shutter speed on right thumb~
imho, this remains the best configuration for manual works.
like fm2, a1...those interface.
 

jimtong

Senior Member
May 8, 2002
1,528
0
36
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
#10
overdodo said:
but why get a L1 when you can get either e330 or e500 and use the 4-thirds system ?

It just seems like a scaled down, retro-looking, leica branded version of e330 ?


cheers
To me, it is kind of going back to the old days where you are able to set apperture on the lens itself and set the shuttle speed on the mechanical switch rather then the digital setting.

This way it allows you to shoot with your eye focus on the subject while you can move your fingers on the apperture and shutter speed dial in a very natural way.

Your right hand set the shutter and your left hand set the apperture on the lens.. you have to try it yourself to know what I mean.

This type of setting can never be found on a modern film SLR now adays not to mention DSLR. When panasonic annouce the news, I was kind of very excited about it and I think I am getting one.. hehe

It is all about ergonomic and usability. and of cos the Lens ;p
 

Mar 15, 2004
228
0
0
38
singapore
#11
actually, if they are willing to come out with a non-leica kit lens~
and make the camera more affordable, i wouldn't mind not getting the leica.

it's more the interface than the leica that attracts me~ :(
but well~ dun think we are going to see that since leica is in partnership with all panasonic cameras. :(
 

Mar 26, 2005
344
0
0
44
Singapore
www.vitalimages.com.sg
#12
L1 is already officially released according to the panasonic website. I can tell you that as of today, HK shops don't have it or even a clue (they are usually very up to date). Someone in Malaysia is claiming to sell it but at a higher price than USD1999.00 and two week delivery time. Look out for announcement on DPReview tomorrow (22 July) and we'll have a better idea. Anyone keen on a Mass Order? I've waited for this since I got my LC1 (still have it and love it). Also 4/3 system means we can use the really good (not cheap) Olympus wide zoom and a converter to use all the Leica M lenses. Now isn't that just mouth watering?

Zann Tiang said:
actually, if they are willing to come out with a non-leica kit lens~
and make the camera more affordable, i wouldn't mind not getting the leica.

it's more the interface than the leica that attracts me~ :(
but well~ dun think we are going to see that since leica is in partnership with all panasonic cameras. :(
 

Wordlife

Deregistered
May 10, 2006
142
0
0
#14
lim8395 said:
samples for L1 are up at official lumix site.

wat u guys tink of the samples?

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/l1/sample_images.html
The lady is pretty!:bsmilie:

Ok jokes aside, i'm still not sure whether the L1 can handle fast shots like birds flying etc etc. Also the range of lens still not as much as those Canoe and Nikki. sad
 

EOSFILM

New Member
Jun 17, 2006
310
0
0
#15
actually 3k is quite okay considering that u get a OIS lens with Leica glass. a canon/nikon system with a VR or IS lens of that range will cost u just as much....
 

azul123

Senior Member
Dec 4, 2004
2,776
0
0
Eastern Bloc
#16
Questions..

Does this means Leica is building for 4/3 system and if I get Olympus 4/3 camera body, I can readily fit the Leica build for 4/3 into the Olympus body without having any adapter? will all functions work?

../azul123
 

Mar 26, 2005
344
0
0
44
Singapore
www.vitalimages.com.sg
#17
Panasonic made the 4/3 Leica lens but 4/3 is a system where all lenses will fit all brands without any adapters. Some functions will not work though like OIS on an Oly body. Leica is apparently building an M digital system that will use all existing M lenses.


azul123 said:
Questions..

Does this means Leica is building for 4/3 system and if I get Olympus 4/3 camera body, I can readily fit the Leica build for 4/3 into the Olympus body without having any adapter? will all functions work?

../azul123
 

azul123

Senior Member
Dec 4, 2004
2,776
0
0
Eastern Bloc
#18
vernonleow said:
Panasonic made the 4/3 Leica lens but 4/3 is a system where all lenses will fit all brands without any adapters. Some functions will not work though like OIS on an Oly body. Leica is apparently building an M digital system that will use all existing M lenses.
OIC, thanks for info.

../azul123
 

EOSFILM

New Member
Jun 17, 2006
310
0
0
#19
hmm..it's been a while...anyone got tips on when L1 is going to be released?
 

EOSFILM

New Member
Jun 17, 2006
310
0
0
#20
just saw the small article in this month's HWZ mag...drooling now..
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom