White-throated Kingfisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels

Nov 17, 2002
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
Shot taken recently of this pretty handsome and common bird.

1%7E3.jpg

Cheers and Gong Xi Fai Cai .... everyone ! :)

Nice shot...even better because part of it is almost front-facing. Great detail and focus.

Birding is something I'd like to get involved in. Care to share your technique and the lens you used to get this? Didn't need any camou or blinds, I hope. :bsmilie:

fWord said:
Nice shot...even better because part of it is almost front-facing. Great detail and focus.

Birding is something I'd like to get involved in. Care to share your technique and the lens you used to get this? Didn't need any camou or blinds, I hope. :bsmilie:

Thanks fWord. This was shot from inside the car acting as a hide. Shot was achieved using a 300mm with 2xTC. Shot with using the car window as a support and a face towel in between.

But then of course you don't really need a car to acheive a close up shot as a camo, blind or hiding/camping near the bird's favourite perch helps too. Have fun. :)

wheels said:
Thanks fWord. This was shot from inside the car acting as a hide. Shot was achieved using a 300mm with 2xTC. Shot with using the car window as a support and a face towel in between.

But then of course you don't really need a car to acheive a close up shot as a camo, blind or hiding/camping near the bird's favourite perch helps too. Have fun. :)

Thank you for the advise. Although I've seen such birds also at Punggol beach, I've had great difficulty getting a shot on them, and I was quite some distance from them even as they decided that they didn't like me and moved off elsewhere. Even with a longer lens at that distance, I doubt that it would help very much.

Perhaps the SAF uniform and face camou cream will come in handy someday if I really get into it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.