Which Van is value for $$$ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
hi,

i'm considering to buy a small van for transportation and photography purposes.

my buget is ard 30+k and have a few models in mind,they are the Renault kangoo,Citroen Berlingo,Volkswagon Caddy and the toyota LiteAce.

which models are cheaper in maintainence cost?

Performance and handling?if any :D

which one has better Mileage?

which models have insurance and rd tax ?

Anyone knows the average price for them ?

Thanks!
Boonwei

Renualt kangoo will be good....lots on the road thus easy to get spare parts if needed and cheap........but again its a europian car so parts maybe more then the Toyota

Thanks for starting this thread ! I was wondering about the same thing ( not for photography but to run a mobile computer repair service ).

Anyone can give an idea of the kind of road tax we are looking at for something like a Kangoo ?

And then there is this thing about Diesel and Turbo Diesel - any big difference ?

:)

Kangoo cost 36.5k with "lots of freebies" thrown in from wad i gather in another renault forum.

the turbo 1.5l i said to be more fuel saving than the old 1.9 diesel engine and engine run smoother with more top end at 3k rpm..

DoorKeeper said:
Thanks for starting this thread ! I was wondering about the same thing ( not for photography but to run a mobile computer repair service ).

Anyone can give an idea of the kind of road tax we are looking at for something like a Kangoo ?

And then there is this thing about Diesel and Turbo Diesel - any big difference ?

:)

i have a Kangoo 1.9D i bought early this year, not a bad van, got enough power to load heavy things & i bought the version with the 2 back door with open lid at the back. good for loading long tubes. Drove it during the chinese new year around singapore. i would give it a high score.

i went sourcing around... so find that peugeot, citroen, renault similar vans are very identical in specs, just that peugeot & citroen are a bit more expensive. citroen have in house service centre i think then peugeot have to bring to citroen (which is next door & althou they are brother sister company in their country, they are brought in by 2 different agent in singapore)

i am looking for a van now again, expansion, den i went to look at renault, now they have the 1.5D turbo version, which i think would be equivalent to the 1.9D, mayb just when you load additional stuff, den the engine will rev so engage the turbo... otherwise i think mayb the fuel is more economical if the driver does not rev his van.

for more information, drop by the toa payoh renault centre... the sales there are very helpful & will share alot of information with you.

If you're looking for low cost, getting the japanese brands like Toyota or Mitsubishi may be better.. I used to drive a Mitsubishi L200. Pretty good van,
low fuel comsumption.

Diesel engines are usually not as powerful as the petrol ones but the cost of diesel is very much cheaper.. Worth it for those who need to drive around alot.

Me? I'm driving a toyota corolla now.. hehe :D

The renault Kangoo is a good buy. Most importantly the diesel engine will result in lower fuel cost in the long run. Very practically designed and the interior feels like a saloon. Suspension is also flush.

Van can travel to malaysia now,so i'm really planning to get one hehe..
there is a Euro Van club forum in singapore somemore!

Someone in CS is the distro of one of the brand mentioned above, probably she can give u a better price :D

Anyway, i am more worry abt fuel cost, anyone can work out how much i will save compare to petrol? How about the insurance and maintainence?

Status
Not open for further replies.