Which tripod do u use for ur D90?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use a camera tripod.

seriously, WHY do you ask such a vague question?

tell us your approximate budget and your requirements. do you want a light tripod, or a heavy one? what matters? weight? stability? pan head? ball head? arca-swiss?

i guess my qns was too open.. many of u really think out of the box...

my budget is ard $120 -$150, looking for ballhead, of cos it has to be stable when i use it for D90..

I sometimes bring this out in the field to support my D80 and kit lens. I find this set-up quite stable for long exposures. Not to mention that it's quite portable.

you roll it all the way to punggol if you stay at jurong east? gg

i guess my qns was too open.. many of u really think out of the box...

my budget is ard $120 -$150, looking for ballhead, of cos it has to be stable when i use it for D90..

go for slik or benro, they should have something to match your needs and price range

or one of those random brands which have received good reviews. look in the forums and you'll spot them sooner or later.

You may consider Yongnuo

There is a review in "Others" sub-forum

I'm using Manfrotto XprobB Tripod & 488 RC2 Ballhead....

I'm using D90 too....
very stable & easy to carry around...

I'm using Manfrotto XprobB Tripod & 488 RC2 Ballhead....

I'm using D90 too....
very stable & easy to carry around...

you mean the Manfrotto 190XProB? thats kinda out of his budget.. especially with the 488RC2 head.

even my 190X with the 488RC0 second hand cost me $290

you roll it all the way to punggol if you stay at jurong east? gg
I sometimes bring this out in the field to support my D80 and kit lens. I find this set-up quite stable for long exposures. Not to mention that it's quite portable.

Hahahha. I'm just trying to be an ass.... :bsmilie:
... but it's quite portable wat. I can hook it up to the back of my car and drive on the highway all the way from here to KL, take photo of KLCC, then tow it back to Singapore. Extermely portable! If I don't feel like driving, it can be hooked on the back of the KTM train to KL too... ;)

Seriously, to the TS (and anyone who starts this kind of thread), next time I hope you give us something to work with when you ask for advice.
At least if you said:
I'm looking for a tripod < $150 which can support my D90 + kit lens + SB600 (about __kg), and is comfortable for my height (1.xx m)
Would prefer it to have a ball-head with quick-release plate if possible.
Any brands and models to recommend?

ahhh, in this case members can start giving you reasonable suggestions to match your requirements

Hahahha. I'm just trying to be an ass.... :bsmilie:
... but it's quite portable wat. I can hook it up to the back of my car and drive on the highway all the way from here to KL, take photo of KLCC, then tow it back to Singapore. Extermely portable! If I don't feel like driving, it can be hooked on the back of the KTM train to KL too... ;)

Is your camera mounted on the tripod while you're driving from Singapore to KL?

Seriously, to the TS (and anyone who starts this kind of thread), next time I hope you give us something to work with when you ask for advice.
At least if you said:
I'm looking for a tripod < $150 which can support my D90 + kit lens + SB600 (about __kg), and is comfortable for my height (1.xx m)
Would prefer it to have a ball-head with quick-release plate if possible.
Any brands and models to recommend?

ahhh, in this case members can start giving you reasonable suggestions to match your requirements

ok sure.. noted..

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi TS, borrow your thread :) maintain clubsnap space :)
I'm using D90 too.
At the moment budget not more than 300 for a customized tripod but this initial budget will not be fixed, it may lower alot more if there's tripods under 200 or even lesser.
Firstly, I had only my D90 + kit lens (about 1+kg according to manfrotto site weight calculator), and SERIOUSly most importantly few factors:
- may wan to get a 18-200 or 70-300 but depending.. so an additional tele lens into consideration ( i guess wideangle is lighter)
- comfortable for my height (1.80 m)
- prefer to have without extending the center column, the tripod can reach the max comfort height for me.
- legs with lever for extension, prefer not to use screw type
- i would prefer a ball head
- quick-release hot shoe
- portability plus light due to slight back problem
- no need for super light or carbon fibre cos i know e budget :)
which recommendation so i can go and try specifically?

i have Manfrotto 190xprob + 486RC2 ball head. Get it from TKFoto when i get my D90 kits.

i have Manfrotto 190xprob + 486RC2 ball head. Get it from TKFoto when i get my D90 kits.

I'm using a 055xprob with the pan head (same price as the 486rc2). Total less than SGD300 but bought in Malaysia. Very sturdy but a lttle on the heavy side (2.4kg for the tripod alone) But for walkaround, I just use a 479B monopod with a 234RC

I have exactly the same setup....not too heavy and incredibly stable:thumbsup::)

Status
Not open for further replies.