Which system has the best ring flash setup??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
Does anyone know? I am not interested in the 3rd party ones though. I think Canon and Olympus have ring flashes. Tried looking but for Nikon, they have twin flash, rather than ring flash.

Sony has both a ring light and a macro twin flash kit.

Does anyone know? I am not interested in the 3rd party ones though. I think Canon and Olympus have ring flashes. Tried looking but for Nikon, they have twin flash, rather than ring flash.

There is a guy on the forum here who has added 6 more Nikon SB-R200 flashes to his Nikon R1C1 system and he used it as his main light for portraits. Try doing a search and you may be able to see his setup.

canon has a ring flash and twin flash setup.

Ok....seems like only Canon and Olympus have ring flashes? And it seems like the Canon one is not really a ring flash.

mr14ex_586x225.jpg

Looks like a twin flash setup within a ring?? But I do like the compactness of the controller.

DSLR_ringflash_set_380_rdax_213x250.gif
The olympus one tho' controller too big. A bit bulky.

Anyone know of any system that has a wireless setup? I am not keen on the Metz ring flash cos it is actually a twin flash rather than a true ring flash, and I do not like to pop the flash up to control the ring flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.