which software is reccomended to do a slideshow of photos with music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For quick-n-dirty job, Irfanview does it. 5mins if you have the images and music ready.

ordinaryless said:
thanks dude...what do u mean dirty by the way? hahaha..

There's this Photoshop Album which does the job too. It manages your photos and is very compatible with PS or PS elements.

You can make slideshows with bg music and cut a VCD outta it.

laokayu said:
For quick-n-dirty job, Irfanview does it. 5mins if you have the images and music ready.

I downloaded Irfanview but it doesn't allow me to play music when the slideshow is on. Is it me that doesn't know how to use the software or isit the limits of the software? hmmmz..

:confused:

ordinaryless said:
I downloaded Irfanview but it doesn't allow me to play music when the slideshow is on. Is it me that doesn't know how to use the software or isit the limits of the software? hmmmz..

:confused:
You need to add your music file, eg MP3, and move it to the top of the list, ahead of the first image.
Divide the duration of the music by the number of images, and you get a rough indication of the display time for each image.
Then generate the EXE file.

laokayu said:
You need to add your music file, eg MP3, and move it to the top of the list, ahead of the first image.
Divide the duration of the music by the number of images, and you get a rough indication of the display time for each image.
Then generate the EXE file.

Ahhh, cool! thankS!!!! :D

Did you attend the Ikuo Nakamura's slide show and saw how they hiccuped their synchronisation? Me too, I was thinking how to synchronise the slide projector timing and musical source. Would a computer be needed? :confused:

Once the slide is scanned into digital format its colour would turn out different when projected using LCD projectors. Probably that's why some people keep their slide projectors.

easy to use - 5 step method and can add music, caption, panning on photos and real cool when displayed on TV.

Brain child of 2 Singaporeans on top of that! :)

ordinaryless said:
Photoshop album? can i download it like Irfran?

Nope, you can't. It's not free, unless you get it from illegal sites / sources... e.g. Kazaa. ;p

Hoky said:
Nope, you can't. It's not free, unless you get it from illegal sites / sources... e.g. Kazaa. ;p

You can only download the Started Edition for free. The full edition is only $50+ retail.

Thank you all who answered my questions.

Hi Yaoxing,

I have been thinking of doing a slide show with music since long time ago. i did not see Ikuo Nakamura's slide show. When and where was it? Why did it inspire u so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.