Which secondary school are u from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah...why no one from NCHS ?

anyway, i am from NAN CHIAU HIGH SCHOOL

does the name of my high school sounds funny (in hokkien) ?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by jon33
catholic high school 1994-1997

Whee! Same year as me too! Proberbly i know you.

Originally posted by SNAG
Hmm..
Who were your teachers and stuff?
One of my Econs teachers, Dr Teo (at that time, Mr Teo) was teaching in the Anson Road campus..... He may be your teacher! :)
Yep, he was one of my teachers. The rest include Mr Lau Cheng Hai, Mrs Wu, Mrs Cheong, Zhen Lao Shi, Ms Kwong, Mr Sidney Fones and some more I can remember the faces but not the names.

Originally posted by Azure
ONWARD!

Greetings, fellow Gessians, SNAG & Newman...

1982-1985 4B

Greetings Azure! Wah u more lao jiao. At that time when it was an all boys school, it was really fun and standards was high. Then when they brought in the girls, alamak, all the problems came. No offence to girls but kids are bad at bgr.

Ok, let's all sing together:
In 1885 Our Founder Gan Eng Seng
Conceived The Noble Aim For A New Breed Of Men
He Started A Free School For Boys Who Were Poor
To Give Them A Chance To Be Something More
:
:
Can't remember much after that...

Raffles Institution, 1992-1995

I don't like that place though....:(

St. Andrew's Secondary 1991-1994

anyone?

Originally posted by RuthBaby
fairfield Methodist secondary school 1991 - 1994
Originally posted by Tze Meng
Hi,
Wow! so excited to find a fellow school mate here.. I m there from 90 to 93.

TM

Fairfield Methodist Secondary School
4B 1996

:)

Originally posted by lazyfiddler
Anglo-Chinese Secondary. Was there from 1981-1984. :D

Me too! Anglo-Chinese Secondary School 1984-1986. :cool:

Greetings Azure! Wah u more lao jiao. At that time when it was an all boys school, it was really fun and standards was high. Then when they brought in the girls, alamak, all the problems came. No offence to girls but kids are bad at bgr.

Yah. Back then it was a top-10 school.

Teo.... Teo Eng Kee? He is at some JC now?
Well I remember Mr Khoo Swee Tat. He's the grand-uncle or something to one of the current prefects I heard.

Anyway, Newman and SNAG, did you go back for the Opening last Aug? SNAG.... 4F - that's Zhi Chang's class rite?

Originally posted by Newman
Yep, he was one of my teachers. The rest include Mr Lau Cheng Hai, Mrs Wu, Mrs Cheong, Zhen Lao Shi, Ms Kwong, Mr Sidney Fones and some more I can remember the faces but not the names.

Ok, let's all sing together:
In 1885 Our Founder Gan Eng Seng
Conceived The Noble Aim For A New Breed Of Men
He Started A Free School For Boys Who Were Poor
To Give Them A Chance To Be Something More

To teach them to learn, play, and live at the fore,
To give them a chance to something more.

(Chorus)
Onward
Onward
Gan Eng Seng for Gessians
Onward
Onward
Gessians for Gan Eng Seng...

The story of our school is a history of change
But truth, faith and vigour survived cirumstances strange.
And true to the meaning of the signs on our crest, a dragon for fire, for leadership
And ship for seeking and making progess,
In word and deed we vow forever more

'Chorus'

Can't remember much after that... [/B]

That was quite a mouthful right? :D
I admit that I am a bad GESSian.. :embrass: I forgot the some of the lyrics only after 2 years. Had to revert back to this book called "The History of Gan Eng Seng".... heh.

True, I must agree that after the girls went in... the rankings slid all the way down.

It started climbing back up when I was in Sec 1. The principal, Ms Ho Peng (Ho Ching's sister) was really good and deserved our respect. After she left, it just went all downhill.

And just to tell you who are the teachers who are still around in GESS (when I left):
Mrs Wu, Ms (Janet) Cheong, Mr Lim Bun

Erm, Mr Teo (ala Dr Teo now) used to teach technical right? He knew that I was an ex-GESSian, and he was like telling me all the Anson Road stories... haha.

He's now teaching Econs in PJC, and he was my Econs tutor.

Originally posted by Azure

Yah. Back then it was a top-10 school.

Teo.... Teo Eng Kee? He is at some JC now?
Well I remember Mr Khoo Swee Tat. He's the grand-uncle or something to one of the current prefects I heard.

Anyway, Newman and SNAG, did you go back for the Opening last Aug? SNAG.... 4F - that's Zhi Chang's class rite?

Yeap, Dr Teo Eng Kee.
He was my Econs tutor/lecturer.

Last Aug? You mean the dinner @ some restaurant?
Nope, I didn't, but I went to the reunion dinner @ the new GESS campus in 2001 ( I think.)

Yeap, Zhi Chang's my classmate all right.
How did you get to know him?
Who are you related to him?? :D
I'm really curious now..

i c i c. GESS, then PJC. 2000 cohort. That makes you will know Stephen, Vincent Lau, Cheong Yean (the TKD gang) and maybe Tiong Chuan?

Yeap, Zhi Chang's my classmate all right.
How did you get to know him?
Who are you related to him??
Did something with Zhi Chang b4. Definitely NOT related.
:p

2001 - that's the 115th Anniversary. You will have seen What I did with Zhi Chang And Gerard Ng. :p

BTW Mrs Janet Cheong retired liao. 2000 was her last year. Mrs Wu gone just.....

Status
Not open for further replies.