Which rechargeable battery?

Select the best rechargeable battery brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maha Powerex, Powerex Imedion, Eneloop!

however, use the powerex2700mah for >1yr, and the retaining power starts to decrease..the imedion still working well tho.

Buy normal chargers. Quick chargers wear out the battery faster.

Buy normal chargers. Quick chargers wear out the battery faster.

Agree. Quick chargers are the biggest reason for rechargeable failures.

As for my favourite - Powerex Imedions.

I have tested GP, Energizer, Sanyo and Sony.

This Sony to me is the winner:

DSC00006.jpg

Agreed..Long lasting... :)

Basket lar Bro.... until I read this thread, was hunting high and low for 2700mAh Sanyo Eneloop battery... to realise now they dont have 2700mAh... only 2000mAh.... :dunno::sweat::rolleyes:

But someone did mention for flash, good to get the 2700mAh one..... how??

Then somemore this Sanyo one... basket so many diff part number for just their AA battery.... blur dont know which one to get..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Basket lar Bro.... until I read this thread, was hunting high and low for 2700mAh Sanyo Eneloop battery... to realise now they dont have 2700mAh... only 2000mAh.... :dunno::sweat::rolleyes:

But someone did mention for flash, good to get the 2700mAh one..... how??

Then somemore this Sanyo one... basket so many diff part number for just their AA battery.... blur dont know which one to get..... :rolleyes:

If you are a heavy user, then go for the 2700 PowerEx.

If you use very little or infrequently, then go for the imedions or eneloops

If you are a heavy user, then go for the 2700 PowerEx.

If you use very little or infrequently, then go for the imedions or eneloops

Okie bro.... but I thought the 2700mAh or 2000mAh is more for like better refresh rate and what not and not directly related to frequency of use..... :dunno:... sorry noob on rechargeable batt... :p

Let's not name brands here... ;)

but can a brand A charger be used to charge a brand B rechargables?

No issues using any brand batt with any brand charger.

I see, there will not be any mAh issues as well rite, just that the higher mAh will need more time to charge?

Eneloop for me. In my RC days, i have many of these batteries of different brands. Honestly, eneloop stood out. And I am using it now on my flash and it last man.

Hi guys. So as of now, which is the best rechargeable battery? Sanyo eneloop or Imedion? My previous set of GP recyclo batteries are now getting shorter in lifespan... so i wanna get a new set soon...

Have used both eneloop n imedion, eneloop seems to perform better in terms of holding charge in long storage n dont drain as fast when using it for my flash.

Last edited:
i read on eastgear they are selling the 401 charger along with 4 imedions @ $67 compare to a 204 charger and a pack of 4 Eneloops at $57 + $20 = $77??

Is Maha charger the way to go? or are they cheaper alternatives but with pretty decent performance?

Is Maha charger the way to go? or are they cheaper alternatives but with pretty decent performance?

Some of the Maha chargers are pretty sophisticated. I have had a few chargers. DON'T buy the quick chargers; I think these are the main reasons your batteries don't last long.

The Mahas are good.