Which Picture Viewer is better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexscooby

Aug 6, 2006
Hello guys , thinking of getting a picture viewer cum mass storage so that i can put pictures and view on the go . Have found 2 models that i think are not bad other then EPSON (cost a BOMB) . They are the "Vosonic 8360" and the "Creative Zen Vision W" . Priced at $600 for the Vosonic 8360 with 100GB . and the Creative Zen Vision W at $569 with 30GB .

In terms of quality of picture , which is better ? Cause in terms of price , the Vosonic is a winner . But in terms of picture viewing quality and build quality , which is better ?

Thanks guys .
P.S . using Compact Flash cards

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
Hello guys , thinking of getting a picture viewer cum mass storage so that i can put pictures and view on the go . Have found 2 models that i think are not bad other then EPSON (cost a BOMB) . They are the "Vosonic 8360" and the "Creative Zen Vision W" . Priced at $600 for the Vosonic 8360 with 100GB . and the Creative Zen Vision W at $569 with 30GB .

In terms of quality of picture , which is better ? Cause in terms of price , the Vosonic is a winner . But in terms of picture viewing quality and build quality , which is better ?

Thanks guys .
P.S . using Compact Flash cards
vosonic - for the reason dat if can view RAW/NEF within the viewer. this is something dat, IIRC, only epson can do. the rest of the viewers on the mkt, AFAIK, views jpgs only.

poh6702

May 8, 2004
Vosonic win over Creative:

HDD upgradable
ease of use
Video recording
Built in Multi memory cards reader
Faster file transfer (both USB & memory cards)
Wider MP3 format support
Can directly play Picture/Photos from memory cards inserted into built in card reader

Creative win over Vosonic:
Better display.

poh6702

May 8, 2004
Vosonic win over Creative:

HDD upgradable
ease of use
Video recording
Built in Multi memory cards reader
Faster file transfer (both USB & memory cards)
Wider MP3 format support
Can directly play Picture/Photos from memory cards inserted into built in card reader

Creative win over Vosonic:
Better display.
Creative has one more good feature I forgot to mention: You can hide pictures and video, and need password to do the un-hide. This is good feature for people who wants to hide GF photos from wife.:thumbsup:

Creative comes with an optional SD/XD/MS/MS pro to CF card adaptec for $39 (available from South Asia Computer)

I currently own Ipod Video 30G, Vosonic 8350, creative Zen Vision W 30G, and just sold off the Vosonic 6230i yesterday.

In terms of looks (hardware) I rate: IPOD Video > Creative Zen Vision W > Vosonic
In terms of east of use & features : Vosonic > Creative > Ipod.

If you find Vosonic 8360 display quality is acceptable to you, then go for Vosonic, if you are very particular about good display to show your friends/clients, then go for Creative.

I remember our old friend ESPN used to say, if in doubt, buy both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom