Which photography workshop to go for ah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyhifi

Aug 20, 2006
I intend to sign up for a photography workshop but not sure which to attend as there are quite a lot under the 'Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots' thread.

I am a beginner and am keen in improving on my photographic skills.

Anyone has attended any of the courses can recommend one?

Thanks in advance.

Photographic society of Singapore (PSS) has been offering classes for a long time, cheap and good. You may want to consider :)

The link : http://www.pss1950.org

SAFRA Photographic Club is good too.. moreover, their price is low and their instructors are all very experience.

SAFRA Photographic Club is good too.. moreover, their price is low and their instructors are all very experience.

Non-Safra member can join?

Photographic society of Singapore (PSS) has been offering classes for a long time, cheap and good. You may want to consider :)

The link : http://www.pss1950.org

I agree! I'm currently taking up a course with PSS and have learnt quite a bit! :D
And the instructors are very experienced and patient! :thumbsup:

I agree! I'm currently taking up a course with PSS and have learnt quite a bit! :D
And the instructors are very experienced and patient! :thumbsup:

are you taking the Mon classes? i wanted to join but too busy last month and currently registering the 25 Oct lesson.....

I intend to sign up for a photography workshop but not sure which to attend as there are quite a lot under the 'Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots' thread.

Thanks in advance.

Skyhifi, wanna join with me for the 25 Oct class?

:)

Hi myyong. You mean the PSS course? I just visited their website and enquired about their Creative Photography and Digital Basic Photography(Eng) Courses. Not sure if the former one is right for amateur like me.

Are you signing up for the Digital Basic Photography(Eng) also?

yap, as a newbie, we should learn from the basic 1st....

are you taking the Mon classes? i wanted to join but too busy last month and currently registering the 25 Oct lesson.....

I just completed the Flashlight Photography course which are held in Fridays. Now getting ready for the photo submissions. :)
Planning to take up other courses like the Wedding Photography & the Travel & Creative Photography in the coming months. ;p

yap, as a newbie, we should learn from the basic 1st....

My advise, do some prior reading up before attending any course. Know the topics that are going to be covered and you can ask some questions to clear any doubts during the class. Or you might be attanding the class totally blur and dun understand some of the terms that are mentioned. :sweat:

Hi myyong. You mean the PSS course? I just visited their website and enquired about their Creative Photography and Digital Basic Photography(Eng) Courses. Not sure if the former one is right for amateur like me.

Are you signing up for the Digital Basic Photography(Eng) also?

Hi there,

For a start, you can try out the Digital Basic Photography Course first together with the Art Of Seeing Class. After completion, you can follow up with Travel & Creative Photography.

My advise, do some prior reading up before attending any course. Know the topics that are going to be covered and you can ask some questions to clear any doubts during the class. Or you might be attanding the class totally blur and dun understand some of the terms that are mentioned. :sweat:

Don't worry, anything don't understand just voice out to the instructors. They are very helpful one. :thumbsup:

Don't worry, anything don't understand just voice out to the instructors. They are very helpful one. :thumbsup:

I agree that the instructors are helpful. But IMO, to speed up the learning curve, it's still better to scratch the surface before going. And I'm sure that there would be questions after reading up and can ask during the class, rather than being blur and dun know what to ask. Go home still blur. :bsmilie:
Just my $0.02. :angel:

Thanks in advance.

find a good friend who is a photographer. the basics are really not that hard to master. i.e. exposure, technique and the basic controls of your camera. you will learn more in an hour session talking with that person, than paying $$$ to go for these courses.

what cant be taught, is composition. that, is either something you have innately, or can only come by practise practise and more practise.

Status
Not open for further replies.