Which photo magazines do you read?

Which photo magazines do you read?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone subscribe to outdoor photographer? Dec issue have article "how to work with light and digital"

Do you get it before the newstand sell it?

Newstand price is too ex for long term...

I haven't buy any of this mags. How much are they in general ?

Practical Photography for me...
cos there are lots in the library... have a look...
a bit outdated but it's not a prob for me...

can save some money....

MingGuan

Photonet is probably the worst place for critiques. Too many people intent on their own thing - the minority that wish to help have all gotten nit and some are brunt out. Few poster actually want to hear anything bad about their post - some react violently and spew verbal abuse on to any one who degrades their "holy" work.

It is however a good place to look and see - the really good has quality but as for the improving yourself through comments received its good luck to you.

There are better sites but if you do not know them it sort of speaks something about yourself.

Subscription magazines get sent out before newstand - overseas should get here about the same time as newstand even if its late that should not present a serious problem. Some issues do go astray and you will be missing that copy.

Recently, there's a new UK photographic mag in the brought into the local market. The title is "Photography Monthly" It is imported in by Allscript. You can find it in only Popular Bookstore, & only the bigger ones. I have when through 2 month's copy and find that it is as good as Practical Photography (if u read Practical Photgraphy) You can go to their website or check out the distributor, www.allscript.com

www.photographymonthly.co.uk

Hope this mag can take off locally.

Y dun have digital photography magazines like Digital Photo or Digital Photo User. I prefer to read Digital Photo but i find it a hassle as i need to travel over to the causeway to get it. I cant get it in JB. I only manage to get Practical Photography here.

roon2c
You can get Digital Photo in Singapore. They can be found in Times Bookshop or you can subscribe thru www.carkitfe.com (I subscribed mine);)

Practical Photography is GREAT !! a lot of tips and ideas .. good guide for newbies like me ..

hey folks .. tink the Feb issue will come with a free mag on digital photography .. go grab one NOW !! :rbounce:

I used to like American Photo & Popular Photography but have stopped for a long time. Does Penthse qualify?:dent:

In addition to the monthly copy of Practical Photography and Outdoor Photography, I would normally pick up a copy of Amateur Photographer from the Train Station every Tuesday evening on my way home!

Originally posted by SzennyBoy
In addition to the monthly copy of Practical Photography and Outdoor Photography, I would normally pick up a copy of Amateur Photographer from the Train Station every Tuesday evening on my way home!

Oh yes... Every Tuesday & Amateur Photographer (AP) magazine. It used to be my Bible and bed-time story book! If anyone needs AP back-issue from 1999 to 2002, I may have one!

I subscribed to PP for 2 years (or was it 1?)... anyway, a monthly issued magazine like PP can be hard to endure, hence AP (a weekly magazine) comes in quite nicely.

As for Outdoor Photography magazine, I will only get it if they offered invaluable information on map/location/viewpoint (mostly around UK & Europe though). Otherwise, most of the time, I will be in WHSmith :)

Read abit on Monthly Photography too ...

Originally posted by Jed
:D Anyone see my long (in my usual style) letter in the letters page of Professional Photographer a few months back?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Oh, me too... has anyone seen my publication (article and competition winning pic) in Amateur Photographer magazine (June issue of 2001) ? ;)

Originally posted by jasphotography
Otherwise, most of the time, I will be in WHSmith :)

Hahaha... WHSmith... we have the same hang-out place! :D
My regular stops are the ones at Euston or Charring Cross depending on what time and which train I'm catching. Another favourite one is the WHSmith in Heathrow Terminal One at about 6am on a Monday morning before I catch my flights out.

I've also recently started browsing thru' Digital mags just to keep-up and also to figure-out some of those quirky issues with digital photography! Any good ones to recommend?

Hahaha... WHSmith... we have the same hang-out place! :D
My regular stops are the ones at Euston or Charring Cross depending on what time and which train I'm catching. Another favourite one is the WHSmith in Heathrow Terminal One at about 6am on a Monday morning before I catch my flights out.

WHSmith is everywhere, isn't it? Hence, so are we! :D
Unfortunately, Singapore's "Smith" is not as comprehensive :cry:

I've also recently started browsing thru' Digital mags just to keep-up and also to figure-out some of those quirky issues with digital photography! Any good ones to recommend?

I think it is best you get that book: Photoshop (Version 6 or 7) for Photographer from 7-days shop/DLab/MX2. Singapore doesn't seem to sell this book ... :dunno:

hmm .... dun really read any photography mag. but subscribe to National Geographic ~~ and although the mag doesnt really teaches u any photography stuffs ... but i just like to admire those stunning pics inside the mag ~~~

I quite like photolife, uk b&w mag and lenswork. But for lenswork only read at the bookshop cos its too pricey.

i'm surprised no one mentioned National Geographic.

Though its not a magazine dedicated to photography, they have great photos inside.

Originally posted by alexellinghausen
i'm surprised no one mentioned National Geographic.

Though its not a magazine dedicated to photography, they have great photos inside.

Don't be surprise, let me be the first after you. :D

I read NatGeo regularly, other photomags are secondary. I like the way they weave those magnificent photos with reports/stories of their adventures. The last edition on the late Galen Rowell's last assignment to Chang Tang is simply breathtaking! :)

I used to read photo magazines, but I don't do it any longer. Nowadays I get all the latest news, product information, opinions and market research from online resources such as photo.net, ClubSNAP ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.