Which one is better Nikon D90 & Canon EOS 500D

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidiirzawati

Feb 1, 2010
Fernvale, Singapore.
Hi guys, I'm new to DSLR Cameras....

So do u all have any comments about this 2 cameras? I preferrable would like to have Nikon D90. However, the colour of it's pictures i saw in web image is all more to natural colour. For Canon is much more brighter...

Anyone can give me suggestion or comments....

not again...

oh dear.. u gonna kena backslash TS.. (esp from senior bos here)

this is Nikon sub forum, what kinda answers do u expect? :)

Hi guys, I'm new to DSLR Cameras....

So do u all have any comments about this 2 cameras? I preferrable would like to have Nikon D90. However, the colour of it's pictures i saw in web image is all more to natural colour. For Canon is much more brighter...

Anyone can give me suggestion or comments....

You can make every D90 images to be brighter or washed out by increasing the EV. So that shouldn't be a measure :nono: And bear in mind that some web photos are being post-processed... Actually if what's stopping you is just the brightness, then you have made a choice on D90.

P/S: You might get different result if you post this in Canon forum, haha...

This is good :bsmilie:

nikon users will say Nikon is good.

canon users will say Canon is good.

Common sense will say that, both cameras are good. its the person behind that view finder that makes the difference.

nikon users will say Nikon is good.

canon users will say Canon is good.

Common sense will say that, both cameras are good. its the person behind that view finder that makes the difference.

If give me for free, any brand also good ;p

maybe TS should also look at 550d, read a lot of 500d and 7d recent buyers being disappointed hehe

What you can do is to

1. Physically man-handle both units, and try taking some pictures. It will be good if you could bring your own memory card and gently plead with the sales person to let you shoot a few pictures.

2. Do your homework, like at Clubsnap.com or dpreview.com.

3. Ask around with your friends if any of them use either brands. If you have more Canon friends than Nikon friends, get Canon so you can borrow certainl lenses from them. If not, otherwise.

4. Set your judging criteria, eg, size of hand grip in relation to your hand, does it allow you to do Autofocus while in Live View, etc.

But at the end of the day, you should make the decision. We can only give you advise and certain points to consider when looking at your dream camera. HTH.

this question come onto the forum like once every other day.....

Just search the rest of the forums, plenty of answers to go about.

Go to flickr.com, search under D90 groups, 500D groups, sony 500alpha groups, pentax K-x groups... all of them have ridiculously good pictures taken with the camera....

End of the day, only you can decide how to spend your money.... Find one that you enjoy using. No point buy a camera that everyone says is good but you feel that it is heavy / hard to use /off-balanced / blahblahblah

Do remember to budget for important stuff like cleaning kit, dry cabinet, tripod etc.... ;)

Happy shooting with whatever you decide to get;)

Oh my goodness... Not again??!!

Anyway, here is the answer....

Last time you posted the same question and after that you disappeared. Now post again. You think every one here is very free ar?

Last edited:
Oh my goodness... Not again??!!

Anyway, here is the answer....

Last time you posted the same question and after that you disappeared. Now post again. You think every one here is very free ar?

ah.. now that u mentioned it, i almost hit the de-reg button for spamming...

anyway, since TS is a typical "post inane question and run" kind, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.