Which macro lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys noticed that these macro lens take very unforgiving portraits? Pores, wrinkles and pimples just stands out.

Didn't like that effect when I use my vivitar 100mm for some casual shots.

Is this the vivitar 100 f3..5 macro.?

Maybe the lens is too sharp. Just a tot, maybe, you can adjust slightly out of focus to have a soft effect, where wrinkles and pimples can not be seen.

By the way, I have just bid one in ebay for vivitar 100mm manual f3.5.

read some reviews about el-cheapo lens that performed well ie this lens in the Nikon DP preview forum

OTC

Maybe the lens is too sharp. Just a tot, maybe, you can adjust slightly out of focus to have a soft effect, where wrinkles and pimples can not be seen.

read some reviews about el-cheapo lens that performed well ie this lens in the Nikon DP preview forum

OTC

The most seeked micro lens from vivitar should be the series 1 105mm f/2.5, which is made by kiron:D

The most seeked micro lens from vivitar should be the series 1 105mm f/2.5, which is made by kiron:D

I do not have any of the two lens. Just bid for 100 f3.5 at ebay. Read in the nikon DP preview, that 100 3.5 optics is slightly better that 105mm f2.5 vivitar. I am not sure personally. All manual focus.

Quite a lot of difference in price between the two. The 105 f2.5 may be going at 300 to 400 sing dollars in ebay whereas for f3.5, the price is 100 plus. Anyway just try cos not too expensive. Voigtlander macro would have been 900 plus but solid. .

OTC

OTC

yup thats the one. i was SUPER surprised by its sharpness vs the $$ paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.