which macro lens to get?

weiz87

Jun 5, 2006
is 60mm f2.4 a good macro lens for x-t1?

is 60mm f2.4 a good macro lens for x-t1?

I don't think there are many choices for macro on a Fuji. I've read that it's an excellent lens, just that it's not true 1:1 macro.

There's dedicated macro tube now, maybe can get that instead

The Fuji Macro Extension Tube MCEX-11 transforms my 18-55 into a pretty good macro lens :)

Thanks Jeff! The extension tube seems like a good buy to make use of existing lenses. How much is it?

Thanks Jeff! The extension tube seems like a good buy to make use of existing lenses. How much is it?

You can check with SLR Revolution at Funan. Their price is pretty competitive.

what aperture did you use ? my experience with 18-55 is that wide open, the images will be a bit soft but 5.6 onwards to maybe 11 it's actually quite sharp.

Really excited now because these macro tubes look like the perfect accessory I need to take my flower photos! May I know why you chose the MCEX-11 over 16?

Really excited now because these macro tubes look like the perfect accessory I need to take my flower photos! May I know why you chose the MCEX-11 over 16?

The working distance of MCEX-11 suits my needs better. You can bring your gear to Fuji Studio at Funan to test both before buying.

i m using a 23mm. possible to match with the extension tube? any guideline on price for the extension tube?

do u mind posting more pics?

I'll post some photos once I get it :D MCEX-16 with the 18-55mm lens produces a max magnification of 0.97, close to 1! It works with the 23mm lens too.

Finally made my way down to Fujifilm Studio to buy and purchase the macro extension tube. Realized after trying, the MCEX-11 suits my needs better too. The MCEX-16 requires the lens to be almost right up to the subject.

Anyway I tried my hand at taking these 2 small figurines in my house with the 18-55 lens.

Attachments

• $DSCF6841.jpg
    $DSCF6841.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4
  • $DSCF6840.jpg
    $DSCF6840.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: