Which lens you think (or own) has best bokeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canon EF 50mm f1.4

002.jpg

That's a good example of bad bokeh. Look at the harsh specular highlights in the top-right.

Well, I think the rings aren't that prominent. Still, I think bokeh with bigger circles look good. :)

I think with tele lenses, bokeh diameter gets bigger.

Yup, I'm thinking of 55-200mm as it's cheap with good range but some of my friends (who're quite pro I assume) said it's a crappy lens. Asked me to go for the 70-200mm f/2.8 instead. With money, everything is possible. :cry:

How about the Nikkor 135mm f/2 DC? Same as 105mm DC as well. Heard it's the best for bokeh.

saw alot of example of Voigtlander SL 125mm f/2.5 APO-Lanthar have very smooth bokeh...

Agree with what some others have said in the post - different focal length lenses have dissimilar looking bokeh. For instance a 50mm f/1.4 bokeh would look quite different compared to that of a 600mm f/4. A lens' bokeh depends varyingly on focal length, max aperture, lens design/construction, no. of aperture blades, type of glass element used etc. I think a lot has to do with personal choice of lens. However large aperture "portrait" lens from 50mm to 200mm and fast telephotos primes from 300mm up would tend to produce smoother and better looking bokeh.

My personal pick for best bokeh? Probably the Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS.

Some people get very aggressive about bokeh...

DSC02293_s.jpg

Most importantly, bokeh should enhance a pic.

DSC03711.jpg

Yup, I'm thinking of 55-200mm as it's cheap with good range but some of my friends (who're quite pro I assume) said it's a crappy lens. Asked me to go for the 70-200mm f/2.8 instead. With money, everything is possible. :cry:

On the Sony body you can get very good bokeh with the famous beercan too and it's a very cheap lens to own. Not to mention that there is Anti-Shake. :)

you can't beat the MC Rokkor 58/1.2

Definitely because it's a Minolta lens and Minolta lenses gives great bokeh. Not to mention that the colours are awesome.

Last edited:
STF rules!!!!! It outclass all my F1.4 lenses in term of bokeh :eek:
Checkout the two sets of blades :)
actually its not only the blades that are doing the job. they added an special filter to the lens Apodization optical elementto create smoother defocusin. so those 2 add together, u get magic

Anyone seconds the sigma HSM 30mm f/1.4? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.