Which lens u prefer for low light/ indoor event/ night street/ dinner gathering?

Which Lens u prefer for low light / indoor event / night street / dinner gathering?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hi. I have used the Sigma 30mm f/1.4, and it was a close contest between the 2 lens. The Sigma is the faster lens, and the f/1.4 is very useful. However, the Sigma was also significantly more expensive, and the Nikon won because of its better value.

understood... thx u... i may b getting 35mm and 17-50 together.... good idea?

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider a fixed focal length as a con. Just move your legs. That being said, 17-50 + 35 would be good.

I wouldn't consider a fixed focal length as a con. Just move your legs. That being said, 17-50 + 35 would be good.

some situations leg zoom won't allow

george671 said:
I like the Nikon 35 1.8, but I usually grab my Nikon 28 f2 (manual focus of course) , I'm waiting to purchase the Samyang 35 1.4...
By the way, This is what I used to pack around on the street.. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fyiKcLWpx7A/TURR9eRiAJI/AAAAAAAABWI/CQL-bYHGMjc/s1600/DSCF2090.JPG

Guese I'm getting older. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Cheers

May I know why you need so many camera body for shooting? Is that different? Why not to buy a expensive one to replace all? I really puzzle for those camera carry more than 1 camera. Is that battery issue, memory issue? Or worry the camera spoilt for contigency plan???

May I know why you need so many camera body for shooting? Is that different? Why not to buy a expensive one to replace all? I really puzzle for those camera carry more than 1 camera. Is that battery issue, memory issue? Or worry the camera spoilt for contigency plan???

Pros use multiple bodies because they use only one lens for one camera body. They don't have the time to change the lens on one body. Some might have though.

For george671, he is using a digital body and a film body. That is why he is using two cameras.

tehzeh said:
Pros use multiple bodies because they use only one lens for one camera body. They don't have the time to change the lens on one body. Some might have though.

For george671, he is using a digital body and a film body. That is why he is using two cameras.

This is what I guess too.... Why they use 2 bodies due to no time to change the Len. Otherwise I suggest to buy a best camera to replace all camera on hand.

This is what I guess too.... Why they use 2 bodies due to no time to change the Len. Otherwise I suggest to buy a best camera to replace all camera on hand.

Some may not even need the 'best camera'. It's not really about going for the best... It's more about going for what you need... Like birding photographers would prefer cropped sensors for the extra reach etc etc.

shottobefun said:

Other than no time for changing lens, its also for backup purpose in case your so called best camera failed on you.

Btw, there is no best camera. The best camera is always the one with you and provided it is working without problem.

Last edited:
what do people look out for in a lens for low light?

what do people look out for in a lens for low light?

aperture size.

wider aperture = faster shutter speed and also brighter viewfinder for focusing.

seem like 35mm still leading

Last edited:
understood... thx u... i may b getting 35mm and 17-50 together.... good idea?

Well, I won't say that is exactly a good idea, although I cannot deny that there are certain times where one lens provided to be better than the other.

I started off with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 as my mainstay lens. Now, I find my Nikon 35mm f/1.8 mounted on my dSLR more often. Each has its use. If you have the cash, then yeah, why not?

Well, I won't say that is exactly a good idea, although I cannot deny that there are certain times where one lens provided to be better than the other.

I started off with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 as my mainstay lens. Now, I find my Nikon 35mm f/1.8 mounted on my dSLR more often. Each has its use. If you have the cash, then yeah, why not?

alright..thx u for ur suggestion

hi people, may i know how much does the nikon 35mm 1.8 cost?
new to photography ah, pardon me :D

Hi Bro,

A month back i was also asking the same question.

I bought it $320 at Funan.

Only good for taking Portrait and street.

If take photo of baby / children ... 100 pictures inside only 1 or 2 pictures can use.

:(

Bro, when i bought my D7K, it comes with the kit lens ...
What will you say about that?

google said:
Hi Bro,

A month back i was also asking the same question.

I bought it $320 at Funan.

Only good for taking Portrait and street.

If take photo of baby / children ... 100 pictures inside only 1 or 2 pictures can use.

:(

Cannot use is becos too tight a composition or blur images?

Cannot use is becos too tight a composition or blur images?

My son keeps running about ...

I have to run together with him.

All the picture taken are blurr or out of focus ...

Maybe it's my skill la.

But i find that the kit lens do better job.

My son keeps running about ...

I have to run together with him.

All the picture taken are blurr or out of focus ...

Maybe it's my skill la.

But i find that the kit lens do better job.

try to increase shutter speed? if its too dark due to high shutter speed den increase ISO? (correct me if im wrong)