Which L prime(s) brought you great joy?

Which L prime(s) brought you great joy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hi guys, gotten my 35L over the weekend, went out to helix bridge to test the lens last night

Not sure about you guys but I found the AF to keep mis-focussing

in the picture above, it can clearly be seen that the building in the background is in focus and the guy is oof
I was standing only around 3m+ away from him and aiming the center AF point on his head, and out of 5 shots, only got 1 shot which put the guy in focus

Also, how do you guys reduce the purple fringing? The preset lens correction for 35L in LR3 only correct the light-off and does nothing to reduce the fringing

Any help is appreciated! Im using a 550D btw :D

The 550D doesn't focus well on objects in low light. I've tried it even in daylight in the shadow and it goes OOF. Irritating to say the least.
Upgraded to FF and solved the problem.

For the purple fringing, just correct it in PS or LR or DPP.

I tried the 35L lens preset in LR, but it doesnt correct any fringing at all, only the light fall off...The lens preset works well with 10-22 and 24-105 but i have no idea why it doesnt have much effect on 35L

Not only high contrast purple fringing, theres tons of green bokeh fringing too, seems like 35L is a magnet for CA

im curious,why so little people vote for 14mm?or not much people using this lens?

im curious,why so little people vote for 14mm?or not much people using this lens?

cos it's damn EXPENSIVE :bsmilie:

although it's a dedicated UWA and image quality is top notch, people still prefer the 16-35 and 17-40, or even third party UWA zooms for their UWA needs. ;) cheaper, great IQ and of course, more versatile.

Last edited:
cos it's damn EXPENSIVE :bsmilie:

although it's a dedicated UWA and image quality is top notch, people still prefer the 16-35 and 17-40, or even third party UWA zooms for their UWA needs. ;) cheaper, great IQ and of course, more versatile.

why not 50L
but i do see quite a few ppl carry 50L walking around with 5D MKii
haha

really so many ppl own 85L or 50L?

why not 50L
but i do see quite a few ppl carry 50L walking around with 5D MKii
haha

really so many ppl own 85L or 50L?

hmm? cos uenuei is asking why so little vote 14L mah.. 50L different category of lens. :p

Hi guys, gotten my 35L over the weekend, went out to helix bridge to test the lens last night

Not sure about you guys but I found the AF to keep mis-focussing

in the picture above, it can clearly be seen that the building in the background is in focus and the guy is oof
I was standing only around 3m+ away from him and aiming the center AF point on his head, and out of 5 shots, only got 1 shot which put the guy in focus

You can't AF something that is black, which is mostly part of his head due to him facing that direction. For that shot, aiming for his shirt would have been a better choice.

hmm? cos uenuei is asking why so little vote 14L mah.. 50L different category of lens. :p

i will buy a 50L if my budget allow too...

Taken with the EF 70-200mm f/4 IS ISM. Is the bokeh good?
IMG_0179.jpg

Taken with the EF 70-200mm f/4 IS ISM. Is the bokeh good?
IMG_0179.jpg

bokeh isn't about background blur itself.. anyways personally I don't find the background blur smooth, probably cos it's at ISO3200

BTW this thread is about L prime, not L zoom. ;)

bokeh isn't about background blur itself.. anyways personally I don't find the background blur smooth, probably cos it's at ISO3200

BTW this thread is about L prime, not L zoom. ;)

haha
i had misread as which L lens.

anyway didn't use flash. should had lower the ISO & use a slow shutter speed

out of Ts-e 24, 35, 85, 135, the 35 was most used and brought me the most joy using it.

adamadam said:
out of Ts-e 24, 35, 85, 135, the 35 was most used and brought me the most joy using it.

24 good for landscape?

From the poll, it can be clearly seen that the 35L is the undisputed winner.
:cheers:

An drew said:
From the poll, it can be clearly seen that the 35L is the undisputed winner.
:cheers:

I missed it quite a lot after I sold it. I may get it back again. The 24LII is not as versatile as the 35L.

I missed it quite a lot after I sold it. I may get it back again. The 24LII is not as versatile as the 35L.

Yes, not as versatile but the 24LII is still a gem.