which items are more important to add-on for my D90+kit???

Status
Not open for further replies.
does SB-900 so unpopular because of the overheat protection???:think:

ask around a Harvey norman shop at jurong point and if you buy the D90 body they are willing to sell the 50mm f1.8 mm at $135. i want to get that but how can i convince my dad to buy it. its reallly a good buy right? im just a student still, that why. :(

ask around a Harvey norman shop at jurong point and if you buy the D90 body they are willing to sell the 50mm f1.8 mm at $135. i want to get that but how can i convince my dad to buy it. its reallly a good buy right? im just a student still, that why. :(

how much are they selling the body 1st?

do some research for the prices ard 1st

Check out the Nikon Price guide.. you can view the latest prices there regarding the body as well as this lens..

As a student, I am not sure whether your parents are willing to spend >1K on the camera.. so ask yourself, is your household income justifiable to get one of this? that maybe a reason why your dad does not want to support your idea of getting one.. if not, consider starting low will the entry level first.. when you have the budget then upgrade to the ones u want..

how much are they selling the body 1st?

do some research for the prices ard 1st

did some reserch already. saw from the nikon price guide outside is selling about $190. HN sellling with purchase of D90 at $135. i think its really a goood buy.

Check out the Nikon Price guide.. you can view the latest prices there regarding the body as well as this lens..

As a student, I am not sure whether your parents are willing to spend >1K on the camera.. so ask yourself, is your household income justifiable to get one of this? that maybe a reason why your dad does not want to support your idea of getting one.. if not, consider starting low will the entry level first.. when you have the budget then upgrade to the ones u want..

thanks for your advice :) my dad getting for me the D90. he promised :D the reason that he refused to get me the lens its not because of the money issue, but rather he's think i dont need that? i wouldnt mind getting it later, but with purchase with the D90, which i got a good deal $1700. gonna go there later and do more barginging, lens with purchase is $135. pretty good deal ya? thats why im considering to get it. if not i will wait :)

good choice

Just curious. are people buying prime lens because it's cheap or because of its sharpness?

i'm also using d90 but i feel photos taken with wide angle lens or filters (be it polarizing or ir) are nicer..

just me 2 cents worth (sorry if i offend anyone >_<)

so shld i still get a prime? or go for filters/wide angle?

Just curious. are people buying prime lens because it's cheap or because of its sharpness?

i'm also using d90 but i feel photos taken with wide angle lens or filters (be it polarizing or ir) are nicer..

just me 2 cents worth (sorry if i offend anyone >_<)

so shld i still get a prime? or go for filters/wide angle?
Prime lenses are lenses with a fixed focal length (as compared to zoom lenses where the focal length is variable). So a prime lens could also be a tele or wide angle and you could mount filters on them too.. :sweat:

Prime lenses are lenses with a fixed focal length (as compared to zoom lenses where the focal length is variable). So a prime lens could also be a tele or wide angle and you could mount filters on them too.. :sweat:

Agreed.

Well many people buy them also becos it is cheap.. in the region of 100-150 for 2nd hand 50mm f1.8.. plus the ability to go f1.8 at a fixed local length whereas ur kit lens have a variable aperture @ 50mm it will be most approx. f4.0..

prime lens are usually faster at a cheaper price.

Just to add on to TS question.. Nikon D90 Body, Tamron 17-50, 70-200 F2.8, SB600-900, A reasonable tripod, a remote wireless trigger for night exposure. Dont bother anything else.. of course lah i dont have to say .. Bag/Tripod Casing/Batteries.

Just to add on to TS question.. Nikon D90 Body, Tamron 17-50, 70-200 F2.8, SB600-900, A reasonable tripod, a remote wireless trigger for night exposure. Dont bother anything else.. of course lah i dont have to say .. Bag/Tripod Casing/Batteries.

70-200, tammy 17-50 and sb900, maybe will get it from HK...cos i heard there is cheaper...

wat i can say is tht, you guys r dam rich

wat i can say is tht, you guys r dam rich

yeah.. agree.. from what is being described sounds like a pro level rather than an entry add-on.. only buy what you are lacking after you tried out your kit lens to know exactly what you need.. then compare within that range of stuffs that will be the budgetting.. unless like redname said.. u're rich and $$ is not an issue..;)

yeah.. agree.. from what is being described sounds like a pro level rather than an entry add-on.. only buy what you are lacking after you tried out your kit lens to know exactly what you need.. then compare within that range of stuffs that will be the budgetting.. unless like redname said.. u're rich and $$ is not an issue..;)

hahaha, i gave tht commnt is because from the way they say it (buy this, buy that), it seems tht these things are so cheap, can acquire anytime.

peasant's like me gotta save so long jus for the d90 body alone lor, not to say any other stuff tht i can only dream of

Let's so some calculation

HM sell body + kit for 1700, prime lens for 135 and total 1835

SLR revolution sell body + kit for 1627, prime lens for 182 and total 1809

u think is worth paying the extra 26bucks? Why not top up another 21 bucks for a spare battery? Sorry for being such calculative but I'm Just being practical

hahaha, i gave tht commnt is because from the way they say it (buy this, buy that), it seems tht these things are so cheap, can acquire anytime.

peasant's like me gotta save so long jus for the d90 body alone lor, not to say any other stuff tht i can only dream of
I took 6 month to save for my d90 kit + prime 50 1.8 + dry cabi + cam grip + spare batt. I wish I had a sponsor hehe

IMHO, i totally agree that photography is not a cheap hobby. Many people got confused with remarks or statement of "Beginner/amerture/pro/expert" No offence to anyone here.. Kits lens are also good. but there are still more better lenses. A standard Lens range from 17 - 50 mm is a must to have. Any lense above 70mm can consider later.

Many buy a full package thinking let just play around with the KIT lens first.. let say D90+Kits lens about 1750$. Im sure buyer(beginner) will keep snapping and trying and learning. Most wont know any difference.. But until the day they compare to some more experience people pictures, they will realised that they need to upgrade their lens. Then they will have to either buy another lens or start hunting for any buyers to buy their KIT lens. B&S Rate about $310 - $350. Either they will go for a 17-50 F2.8 Tammy ( @$620++ ) or 17 - 55 F2.8 Nikkor (@$2K++) Then without knowing, buyer have spend more. IMHO, be it you are a serious photographer or just a hobbyist, you want nice photo result.

Actually a D90 Body is not expensive comparing to the more higher end body. But I still think it's performance is as good as a Pro Body. And those Lenses mentioned especially a Tammy 17-50 is reasonably cheap and yet can give a great result. Dont mentioned 70-200 Trinity ( This is a legendary lense no need for any introduction ) And external Flash is a must.

Out track a little, Being NEW? You think how long do you need to reasonably understand the function of a DSLR. If you willing to spend such amount of money and then keep it in your dry cabinet, then I think you better not waste your money and grab something more simpler. Many hard core new-comers, will master the function of a DSLR within weeks. And if they are keen and hardworking, doing some homework/research/reading and learning from CSers' and some experience photographer, Im sure within a month, they will know, more in depth about a DSLR and photography. By then, they will understand more and will be itching to grab a better lense.

Lastly, it is the person themself who will capture good pictures. being creative able to capture the moment. A good setup is what required to enhance those captured moments.. So dont waste money unnecesarily. Buying and then selling is a waste of time and a great lost of money. Think careful and make a good choice selecting a great and yet reasonable set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.