which is better ps 7.0 or element 5.0?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivlaOof

May 5, 2007
little.RED.dot
hi

im using photoshop 7.0... was thinking whether to upgrade to element 5.0???

for those pros out there... is there any major diff btw the 2???

which is better... Photoshop 7.0 or Photoshop Element 5.0???

pls advise

hi

im using photoshop 7.0... was thinking whether to upgrade to element 5.0???

for those pros out there... is there any major diff btw the 2???

which is better... Photoshop 7.0 or Photoshop Element 5.0???

pls advise

always remember, elements is the downgraded , simplified version of photoshop itself. if you're in the need of quick fixes to your pictures, auto colour, auto saturation, auto brightness etc, elements will suite your need as they have this function called auto fix ( fixes everything). what impressed me was that feature.

you can just download a trial copy from adobe first to try it out and then head out to buy it if you feel its worth it

hmmm..
however i realised that there is some function that element have but not ps 7.0...

at aleast i guess it is newer than 7.0... but of cuz it is a lower level than the CS 3.. correct me if im wrong..

hmmm..
however i realised that there is some function that element have but not ps 7.0...

at aleast i guess it is newer than 7.0... but of cuz it is a lower level than the CS 3.. correct me if im wrong..

ps 7 is old. elements 5 came out same time as cs2/3 so .. elements is much more advanced than 7.0

i have elements 2 , which came out around the same time as cs1. between cs1 and elements 2, elements 2 doesnt have functions like curves and the .. i cant remember what its called .. haha .. few features missing

I believe that element 6 is coming in Sept 07.... so maybe want to wait a while???

Photoshop element is a simplify version of photoshop, with a much affordable price.

However, some powerful and very useful tools, however are removed, for example

Curve - a very powerful tool for tonal adjustment.

Channel mixer - If you shoot IR , you will miss it.

Lens corrections - For correcting the barrel distortion and perspective distortion of your wide angle lens.

etc.

I think Adobe has add back some features to compensate for the above missing functions in element 5.0 .

See the link
http://simplephotoshop.com/photoshop_elements/photoshopelements3vs2vs1.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.