Which flash works well with Canon G5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDO

Mar 10, 2004
Which flash works well with Canon G5 ?

I am a newbie. On a limited budget.

Or.. is there any one willing to loan me a flash ?

haha... i think you can get a cheapo flash from "cash converters" for under $10! ...never bothered to ask if they work though...
...good luck!

Depends on your budget and needs. You could get a cheap auto flash @ around 20 bucks if you don't need the power.

Thanks for your reply.

A friend of mine was telling me that Nikon Flash might not work well with my canon G5.

Is that true?

IDO said:
Thanks for your reply.

A friend of mine was telling me that Nikon Flash might not work well with my canon G5.

Is that true?

Some Nikon Flashes like the SB28 can work with the G5 - u'll be using the Auto modes on the flash; TTL is out.

Be very careful wat flash u use on ur cam. remember for canon cams, the trigger voltage must not be more than 6V. Dun think you wanna mess up ur cam's circuitry. Sms me shld you need any assistance from a fellow newbie .... 81123390 ............. tOm

Get a 2nd hand 420EX. 2nd hand market price is around $280, < $300.
A good investment since it has all the power you'll probably need and is pretty future-proof.

I used to use a Speedlite 380EX on my G5. Full E-TTL as you'd get with all Speedlite EX models. This is a discontinued flash unit, so you'll only be able to get it second hand from around $100-$150. Cheaper than 420EX and 550EX, but it's an old unit which the 420EX replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.